Mormons & Guns

Mormons Guns - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 14th Jan, 2008 - 7:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Mormons & Guns
7th Jan, 2008 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns

Mormons & Guns

Considering the recent incident of a woman being murdered on Church property do you think the Church should change its policy about carrying guns in Church?

Mormons & Guns
Mormons & Guns (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2008 - 8:00am / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns
A Friend

Guns and Mormons

Well its an interesting question.

I mean, Would Jesus Carry a gun?

I don't think a gun is necessary to have in the Church.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2008 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Brian

Comments: Answer why would Jesus need a gun? I think he has allot more power than that... I believe church should allow CCW members to carry.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2008 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns
A Friend

Guns and Mormons

The way I look at this, we are to follow the Savior Example.
We are to be like him,
3. Nefi 27:27
mat. 5:48

The fact that you mention that Jesus doesn't need a Gun, is quite frankly the same reason we don't need one.

Having a Gun at church, can bring the wrong message to people. It just doesn't seem christ-like to me...

10th Jan, 2008 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Guns and Mormons

QUOTE (riverai5 @ 9-Jan 08, 10:57 PM)
Having a Gun at church, can bring the wrong message to people. It just doesn't seem christ-like to me...

Christ-like? What it does have to do with anything? I am not a fan of guns at all but I do not think we should mix up having guns with having or not Christ attributes. So if someone attacks physically your family in Church are you going to give them the other cheek? spock.gif For some reason, I doubt it very much.

The world is becoming a big dangerous world, EVEN IN CHURCH (to think otherwise is naive) so I personally do not see as crazy if someone wants to carry a weapon to defend themselves.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2008 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns
A Friend

Mormons & Guns

I can understand what you mean...I am just a little confused

So are you suggesting lets bring knives, bats, guns in our cases and purses at church and if somone touches my family,
I'lll pull out my gun and threatened them or maybe even shoot them
all in church grounds...(would we even go as far as the temple?)

It just doesn't seem right to me to have such things at church.....

I try to base all my decision on what christ would do, no matter what

If the spirit tells you to carry a weapon to church , I'll follow it, quite frankly I just don't feel it that way

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jan, 2008 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns

riveira5

So are you suggesting lets bring knives, bats, guns in our cases and purses at church and if somone touches my family,
I'lll pull out my gun and threatened them or maybe even shoot them
all in church grounds...(would we even go as far as the temple?)

The thread is about guns so let's keep in topic. I do not know where you live but where I live, I consider going to Church pretty unsafe (based on things I experienced in Church grounds, more explained in the LDS Mature board).

It just doesn't seem right to me to have such things at church.....

Of course not, by the other hand having someone pull a gun or other weapon on you or to someone else does not "seem right" in Church either but it does happen (unfortunately)

To be honest with you, I hate guns. I can't stand them BUT having seeing very dangerous situations in Church (which could have easily ended up with someone dying) It is not all that crazy to me if someone would take one to Church to defend themselves.

14th Jan, 2008 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Guns Mormon Doctrine Studies

Aren't we suppose to walk by faith? There is so much you can do and then you leave the rest up to the Lord. Men have agency we cannot think of stopping everything a man may choose to do.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Mormons & Guns

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,