Invalid Block Address Nero 6

Invalid Block Address Nero 6 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2006 - 1:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Aug, 2006 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

This is a very frustrating error. I have lost many DVD-Rs because of it. Basically you are in the middle of recording and then a pop-up says that there is an Invalid Block Address an so you lost your DVD.

Searching online has lead me to realize that many people suffer with this. I have tried all the suggestions: restarting, DMA, and so forth, but nothing works. In fact, I am beginning to hate using DVDs as a means to backup my data - there are just too many risks involved: quality of DVD, the burner, the process of the burn and then after all of that the DVD working after a year or so.

Here is a site with good info about this: https://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread...&threadid=45942

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2006 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nero Address Block Invalid

I found some good info on this as well on computing.net.

Check DMA. You may have to set to pio, reboot set to dma, reboot.
Check that direct draw is active using dxdiag in run command.
Set nero settings to default, turn off all overburn.
Use nero info tool to check blank disc.

I personally have never had this issue so I can't tell you if this works. But I thought DMA issues were a thing of the past from Windows 2000 on, but maybe I'm wrong. I have also heard that this is a firmware issue, and an upgrade is needed. In any case, the problem hasn't shown up in Nero 7 at all.

9th Aug, 2006 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Invalid Block Address Nero 6 Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I have checked the DMA issue and it is set correctly. I also checked other possible symptoms and when I thought all was good I lost 5 DVD-Rs testing. I have not gotten anymore to test since, but have found that many complaints are about this problem.

23rd Aug, 2006 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Nero Address Block Invalid

In a follow up to this I have reinstalled XP and discovered that one fix for XP was an issue with the way the program sees recordable drives. As soon as the update was installed the problem was fixed. My recommendation is to reinstall xp on a formatted drive to weed out any memory problems and get the updates (by the way I did not go back to SP2 as there seemed to be issues there too).

> TOPIC: Invalid Block Address Nero 6

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,