Cow Heel Soup Recipe

Cow Heel Soup Recipe - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 13th Jul, 2006 - 8:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd Jun, 2006 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Cow Heel Soup Recipe

I am craving for this soup during my last month on my pregnancy. I am going to make it definetly and let you all know how it tasted. Here is a recipe for it:

Ingredients:
# 2 lbs cowheels, cleaned
# 1 tbs ground herb seasoning
# 3 cloves garlic, minced
# 1 large onion, chopped
# 1/3 cup chopped chive
# 1 pimento pepper, chopped
# 2 sprigs thyme
# 1 hot pepper
# 2 lbs ground provisions, peeled and cut into two-inch pieces
# Salt to taste
# 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Method: Place cowheels in a large soup pot and add herb seasoning. Cover with about eight cups water. Add garlic, onion, chive, peppers and thyme. Boil until cowheels are tender, about two hours. Remove any excess fat, add provisions and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add dumplings if using and cook for a further 10 minutes.

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2006 - 8:45am / Post ID: #

Recipe Soup Heel Cow

I've given my husband this recipe for him to try for himself, as there isn't anything in this that he can't eat, and he loves cow heel. I think you've got to be accustomed to eating it, I don't think I could bring myself round to eating it, but he's happy for having the recipe, so thanks for that.

Cow heel used to be a Northern England popular meal, as did tripe (which I believe is the lining of the cows stomach), and this was just cooked with onions in milk.My husband loves both of these, and no doubt will make the soup very soon!

> TOPIC: Cow Heel Soup Recipe

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,