Intersex Baby?

Intersex Baby - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Oct, 2016 - 1:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2004 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Intersex Baby?

Intersex is a modern word used for people who are struggling to find a definite sex, as in being either just male or just female. At birth there may be difficulty (in extreme cases) for the parents to decide which sex their baby should be if it is born intersex'ed. Here is the question:

If your baby was born with both male and female reproductive organs and the doctors advise a surgery to make the baby either a boy or girl - which would you choose?

Some also opt for just allowing the child to grow to a mature enough stage and decide for him/herself, but this can lead to problems during growth and adolescence.

30th Aug, 2004 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

Baby Intersex

My understanding of this condition is that it is best left to trained doctors and professionals to carry out extensive tests and give the best options to the parents. As a parent I would not want to make this decision based on personal opinion, if I felt there was any chance that this decision would affect my child physically and psychologically in the future.

31st Aug, 2004 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

Intersex Baby? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

What an awful decision to have to make! I understand the condition, as I formerly taught childbirth classes and studied a lot about different events and situations that can happen during/before/after pregnancy and birth. "Hermaphrodite" is the term for it, although I guess the powers that be would like to make it sound nicer than that, and are now calling it "intersexed" - wierd.

I would want to wait and see if the child displayed any type of gender-specific behavior before performing such a drastic surgery. I know, it could probably take quite some time for that to show up; but having parented both a boy and a girl, I think I could tell right away. They really *are* different from birth, at least in my experience.

Roz

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2015 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Baby Intersex

'I was born both male and female'

WHEN Cody was born intersex, her parents and doctors made a decision. She still wonders if it was the right one. Ref. Source 9y

4th Dec, 2015 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Baby Intersex

I would try to leave the decision till later if possible. My wife then to school with a boy who was intersex the parents and doctor decided on male but never operated. All through childhood he tended toward feminine activities and as puberty hit males drew his arousal. The parents caved in and let him become a her. Breasts soon bloomed and the male sex organs removed, She graduated high school very happy after some counseling. So based on this story I really do not think we are able to determine anything but perchance the child will know as it matures so why not wait.

I understand much counseling needs to be given through all stages due to bathroom issues and other social blunders that can and will occur till a choice is made but I think well worth the effort.

25th Dec, 2015 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Intersex Baby?

Such a situation would be very overwhelming to consider at birth. The implication affect the whole spectrum of life: physical, intellectual, social, morale and perhaps even religious. While growing I guess the person could see which sex they 'prefer' and then have an operation based on that but supposed they chose to remain that way, what would be the medical issues? I am also curious about how they handle forms when asked for gender.

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2016 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Intersex Baby

Human sex reversal as a protein numbers game

A group of researchers has completed a comprehensive molecular analysis of a toddler who developed as a female despite having a male genetic background, termed XY sex reversal. The study identifies for the first time how the machinery for destruction of proteins can render a person poised at the borderline between male and female patterns of development. Ref. Source 7p.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Intersex Baby?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,