It Doesn't Look Like The Picture!

It Doesn' T Picture! - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Oct, 2008 - 2:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
How many times have you been enticed to buy something because of the picture they show?
Post Date: 15th Sep, 2004 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

How many times have you been enticed to buy something because of the picture they show of the product or service? An example of this is when you enter a resturant and they show a picture of a certain meal with the meat and vegetables looking plump and delicious, but when you order it and receive it you become disappointed to see a very depressed looking version of what is shown in the picture. Consider the following:

1. Do you complain if you do not get what is shown as advertized?
2. Are you picky about small details? An example of this would be if they only had 'x' product in a certain color.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2004 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Picture The Look Doesnt It

Perhaps the most deceptive product packaging I have ever encountered, and my first really big "Mommy, Daddy, may I please have that?" disappointment was for Sea Monkeys

Here's the classic packaging...
user posted image

Here's what they really are- itty bitty brine shrimp!!!
user posted image

16th Oct, 2004 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

It Doesn't Look Like The Picture! Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

When I worked in Retail our store was accused of deceptive marketing at least once a week, because customers would not read the fliers carefully or misinterpret the offers being made. The main one was usually when we had computers on sale, but the monitor was priced separately. Customers hated that one! However there it was in fine print:

"Monitor sold separately"

31st May, 2006 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

I see this all the time with KFC, they show you big pieces of chicken and then give you something similar to the shrimp above. I do complain if it is really small, but generally do not make any big deal over little details unless I came there specifically for it.

1st Jun, 2006 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

A common occurrence these days is when fast food restaurants advertise these huge burgers on television, and when you go there, you get a flat, soggy burger. Burger King, I believe, is notorious for this.

1st Jun, 2006 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Burger King? I thought you would say McDonalds - they are the king culprits of this, in fact I believe somebody already won a lawsuit in the US over something they were buying that looked totally different from the picture.

Another irritating thing is when they advertise a certain toy that comes with your meal. Your child gets all excited about that particular toy from seeing it over and over on television and then when you get there they give you another toy instead!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Oct, 2008 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

It Doesn't Look The Picture!

I usually use the pictures to get an idea of what I'm going to be getting. I'm not a picky person so if it shows lettus on the picture and mine does not come with it I won't even make it an issue. I'm more interested in if it was prepared with the health and safety of the public in mind.

Post Date: 24th Oct, 2008 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It Doesn't Look The Picture! Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

If you go to a fast food restaurant then your not going to get something healthy and possible not prepared with safety on their minds. That is why I tend to stay away form them.

If the picture is not the same as the final product I usually will look at other like items to see what is going to give me the best value for my money. I will be a little peeved about why they advertised this and tried to switch it with something else.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: It Doesn't Look Like The Picture!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,