Scientology - Page 3 of 7

Yeah.... And erm... sooo... all you Scientologists - Page 3 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 30th May, 2008 - 9:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Top  Scientology Church of Scientology
28th May, 2008 - 9:37am / Post ID: #

Scientology - Page 3

It seems certain links cannot be provided within this forum, so information with have to be validated on a personal basis.

Things to look up if you want to learn more about how Scientology operates. A basic google search on any of the topics will yield decent information. Please pay attention, and at the end there will be cake.

Lisa McPherson - died while under Scientology "care". Was imprisoned against her will, escaped, was admitted to a real hospital, retrieved by Scientologists, and died soon after. She lost 30 lbs in ~14 days, and had numerous cockroach bites and bruises all over her body. Death ruled as natural causes by a Scientologist doctor, later examination discredited this.

Operation Snow White - Largest infiltration of the US government in history, and led to numerous arrests including Hubbard's wife. Goal was to steal or destroy any information the government had on Scientology, this included tax records and books from the library of congress.

Fair Game Policy - I'll quote their own documents for this one
SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured
by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the
Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

According to the Scientologists, Fair Game has been discontinued. A search of youtube for "Scientology follows/scientologists following" or some of Mark Bunker's encounters will show the truth.

Sea Org - The Sea Org was intended as a paramilitary force for Scientology, fortunately they were thwarted from becoming what Hubbard envisioned them to be. Also, the Sea Org helped train Morocco's Intel organizations in the late 60's and early 70's until they were thrown out of the country for involvement in an attempted coup. Another interesting fact: the members are to sign a contract with the Sea Org for 1 billion years.

As promised, cake.

Sponsored Links:
28th May, 2008 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Scientology

This is new to me, the attitude towards Scientology. I always saw it as a religion that used applied science together with spirituality, but I am now learning that it is a lot more. Maybe it appeals to Hollywood stars because they can feel good about themselves for a price. Then again, as was mentioned earlier there are a lot of religions that do that.

29th May, 2008 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Scientology Beliefs Religious General

Well I understand what you're saying to an extent, about Scientology being "just another" religious scam and I guess to an extent you're right, because my Spider-Sense starts tingling around any extremist-type brainwashing that dramatically change the very way someone lives their life, though I realize in some situations, that can be a good thing... still... it's something that should alarm someone to the potential of there being something nefarious afoot.

I guess part of it is the fact it's a religion invented by a science-fiction writer. Period. There are various ways to view and interpret and justify that, but it still comes down to the phrase "religion invented by a science-fiction writer". The phrase "cult of personality" is not bandied about NEARLY enough with this group, in my opinion. The abbreviations and nonsense Scientology gibberish further serve to alienate the follower from the outside world, creating a false reality.

Now I can't fault people believing in something unusual or unorthodox - I'm not a member of any organized religion myself, and supposedly there are even a few people that may actually be members of the "Jedi religion", that's all fine and good, within limits, and people getting scammed for a few hundred backs, maybe even a couple thousand, til they become disillusioned and wake up to reality, that can be character-building.

But one estimated cost to get to the "top of the bridge" in Scientology hovers around $365,000 USD. That is COST - not donations, not offerings, not tithes - you can only become as holy and divinely instructed as your wallet allows. Scientology is a religion of hierarchical elitism, with new "secret" teachings awaiting the "candidate" at each new, expensive level, with the ultimate sacred revelation being that the great galactic commander Xenu kidnapped and paralyzed people, stacked them around volcanoes on earth and blew them up with hydrogen bombs, which made them dissolve into things that infest humans now. That's the big payoff. Meanwhile, on the way, anyone who doubts or discredits "The Church" is labeled as an SP (Suppressive Person) and contact between a follower may be entirely forbidden with such people.

29th May, 2008 - 6:51am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Scientology

Excellent, I suspected there was another SP around! Someone brought the Xenu story up, unfortunately the story gets more bizarre from there.

The upper levels of the COS are called Operating Thetan (OT) and currently are believed to go up to level 8. The COS creation story is reveled at OT III, prior to that level hearing the story of Xenu is likely to cause death. I hope everyone's still okay from the last post, no pneumonia? Good, moving on.

To advance from level to level, one has to undergo auditing. This is where a COS member hooks you up to a primitive lie detector (E-Meter) and asks you questions. Your answers are recorded and will be used against you should you leave the church. Each level gives you more information and unlocks superman-like abilities. No joke, according to the COS when you have unlocked the power of the Thetan you will gain the following powers: fly, read minds, control people remotely, shape the universe, and other powers normally attributed to God. One can only assume that those are some potent alien parasites. At any rate, seeing that Tom Cruise cannot fly the COS periodically creates new OT levels to explain the lack of superpowers.

Oh and this was all validated in a federal court from seized documents and testimony of members after the fallout of Operation Snow White.

And now without further delay, the COMPLETE abridged version of the Story of XENU! Via wikipedia.org: Xenu Story

The story of Xenu is covered in OT III, part of Scientology's secret "Advanced Technology" doctrines taught only to advanced members who have undergone many expensive hours of auditing and reached the state of Clear. It is described in more detail in the accompanying confidential "Assists" lecture of 3 October 1968 and is dramatized in Revolt in the Stars (an unpublished screenplay written by L Ron Hubbard during the late 1970s). Direct quotations in this section are from these sources. (See also Scientology beliefs and practices)

Scientologists believe that seventy-five million years ago, Xenu was the ruler of a Galactic Confederacy which consisted of 26 stars and 76 planets including Earth, which was then known as Teegeeack. The planets were overpopulated, each having an average population of 178 billion.[1][2][3] The Galactic Confederacy's civilization was comparable to our own, with aliens "walking around in clothes which looked very remarkably like the clothes they wear this very minute" and using cars, trains and boats looking exactly the same as those "circa 1950, 1960" on Earth.

Xenu was about to be deposed from power, so he devised a plot to eliminate the excess population from his dominions. With the assistance of psychiatrists, he summoned billions[1] of his citizens together under the pretense of income tax inspections, then paralyzed them and froze them in a mixture of alcohol and glycol to capture their souls. The kidnapped populace was loaded into spacecraft for transport to the site of extermination, the planet of Teegeeack (Earth). The appearance of these spacecraft would later be subconsciously expressed in the design of the Douglas DC-8, the only difference being the DC-8's jet turbines. When they had reached Teegeeack/Earth, the paralyzed citizens were unloaded around the bases of volcanoes across the planet. Hydrogen bombs were then lowered into the volcanoes and detonated simultaneously. Only a few aliens' physical bodies survived. Hubbard described the scene in his film script, Revolt in the Stars:

The now-disembodied victims' souls, which Hubbard called thetans, were blown into the air by the blast. They were captured by Xenu's forces using an "electronic ribbon" ("which also was a type of standing wave") and sucked into "vacuum zones" around the world. The hundreds of billions[7] of captured thetans were taken to a type of cinema, where they were forced to watch a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for thirty-six days. This implanted what Hubbard termed "various misleading data"' (collectively termed the R6 implant) into the memories of the hapless thetans, "which has to do with God, the Devil, space opera, et cetera". This included all world religions, with Hubbard specifically attributing Roman Catholicism and the image of the Crucifixion to the influence of Xenu. The interior decoration of "all modern theaters" is also said by Hubbard to be due to an unconscious recollection of Xenu's implants. The two "implant stations" cited by Hubbard were said to have been located on Hawaii and Las Palmas in the Canary Islands.

In addition to implanting new beliefs in the thetans, the images deprived them of their sense of personal identity. When the thetans left the projection areas, they started to cluster together in groups of a few thousand, having lost the ability to differentiate between each other. Each cluster of thetans gathered into one of the few remaining bodies that survived the explosion. These became what are known as body thetans, which are said to be still clinging to and adversely affecting everyone except those Scientologists who have performed the necessary steps to remove them.

Military officers loyal to the people finally overthrew Xenu and his renegades, and locked him away in a mountain, where he was imprisoned forever by a force field powered by an eternal battery. Although the location of Xenu is sometimes said to be the Pyrenees on Earth, this is actually the location Hubbard gave elsewhere for an ancient "Martian report station."[8] Teegeeack/Earth was subsequently abandoned by the Galactic Confederacy and remains a pariah "prison planet" to this day, although it has suffered repeatedly from incursions by alien "Invader Forces" since that time.

29th May, 2008 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

Scientology

Interesting post Anon - this keen visionary has been dead for years and this story just gets better and better each time it is retold - truly, he is a master of science-fiction. And by that, I mean he was a hack. But that certainly isn't a crime - I guess at least Scientology isn't based on something by Piers Anthony. Although if it were, I could probably be a flying pink pony wearing twelve-year old girl's panties, which you have to admit, would probably be a better enticement than telling your secrets to a cereal box with copper wires in order to divest yourself of little Spongebob-shaped ghost-bacteria.

And it's not a crime to have a crazy creation story or have a profit scheme in your religion - that's one of the things that hasn't changed much in the US, the federal government doesn't have much say in what constitutes a religion, or how they behave, so while I don't like or agree with Scientology, I believe they have the right to say whatever they want and bilk their congregation however they see fit, but a watchful eye needs to be kept on any religion with the kind of publicly-documented extremism and illegal activities for which they're known, and people need to be able to criticize and campaign against them if they so desire, as is also their rights.

Post Date: 29th May, 2008 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Scientology
A Friend

Scientology

I have to say I rather enjoyed reading all of that. It has enlightened me to the fact that yes Ron L Hubbard was in fact out of his mind. I enjoy reading his books but as I read them I always get that nagging effect of a sixth sense that I am reading a story developed by a mad man. I hope that those who are followers of a mad mans dream to be a religion do enjoy ridding themselves of their cash and other possesions. If they do learn to fly I will be amazed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th May, 2008 - 9:21am / Post ID: #

Scientology - Page 3

Proving that information is the most dangerous weapon, the campaign's largest success against Scientology came from putting out the truth behind the cul...ahem... religion. We try not to pass judgment on their beliefs, we leave that to individuals receiving information on the COS.

If the COS was open about their beliefs, didn't charge set rates, didn't resort to blackmail and fear of reprisals to keep members in the church, didn't intimidate and sue detractors, and was placed on the same tax status as every other religion I wouldn't have a large problem with them. I would consider them as one more in a long list of crazy religion. The problem is is that they lie to people to get them to join, charge them for religious service, threaten to expose information confessed to the church, spread lies and level false accusations against detractors, and are considered above other religions in regards to tax purposes (no other religion is entirely tax exempt). The flashpoint of the conflict may have been their attempts at censorship, but many people involved had a host of reasons to take on the COS. We are winning, and with every site that carries the truth of Scientology we win one more victory.

Reconcile Edited: Anon on 30th May, 2008 - 9:22am

30th May, 2008 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Scientology General Religious Beliefs - Page 3

Yeah....

And erm... sooo... all you Scientologists that visit this board, uh... don't be afraid to post and speak your mind on this topic too...

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Scientology

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,