The Media - Page 5 of 6

Yes, they definitely slanted this one way. - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Aug, 2017 - 7:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Can they say anything they want without worrying about the effect?
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

The Media
A Friend

The Media - Page 5

I do get most of my news online at this point. I use Google news to get a sense of things and then read a couple of sites on the major issues of the day as an attempt to get some idea of the issues/events. It is certainly a lot more work when you don't have trustworthy sources that you can count on regularly.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2017 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

The Media
A Friend

Media The

I may be older and do have a lot of time during the day to do nothing but watch news as some back ground noise it is much better than watching some of these mindless day time TV shows. Thus why I watch OAN during the day.

22nd Jul, 2017 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

The Media History & Civil Business Politics

The media could do better with their reporting but so too can the politicians with their politics. Without the media just imagine how much nonsense the politicians would do without us knowing a thing. Knowing the media is there looking for anything grey or black keeps them in check.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2017 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

The Media
A Friend

Page 5 Media The

Yeah, except when the media sides with one side over the other. The media did a piss poor job reporting reporting critically on President Obama. If one were to simply read media reports one might conclude President Obama was the greatest President ever… and that is certainly not even nearly the case. He doesn't even make top ten in my book. Although he certainly isn't near the bottom ten either. So, the media fell in love with him and didn't report the negative. And now they wake up, realize they did wrong, don;t like President Trump's policies and sometimes misrepresent them. That is just as bad… and it favors the Democrats. The media is supposed to report, not tip the scales and they just aren't doing that and haven't in a very long time.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2017 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

The Media
A Friend

Media The

While it is nice that the media does keep some of the politicians in check they do not keep all of them in check. If certain news media was not so slanted and tainted with half truths and lies towards this person or that person we would be able to actually know what is going on in the world.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2017 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

The Media
A Friend

The Media

KN,

You are spot on. The media tends to be largely liberal and they favor those in politics that like minded. I remember back when we only had ABC, NBC, and CBS and we didn't know what political affiliation the anchors were. This is because they kept their politics out of the news and just reported the news. Now we have the networks, CNN, and MSNBC slanted to the left to one degree or another, Fox and Breitbart on the other side. Newspapers all over the place and no one trusts any of it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Aug, 2017 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

The Media
A Friend

The Media - Page 5

The more and more I have seen of the deplorable way the major news sources reported on the Virginia conflicts. They have proven to me just how much they can not be trusted to give us the real news and just how much they are helping the far left wage a war against our fundamental rights to free speech.

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2017 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

The Media
A Friend

The Media Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

Yes, they definitely slanted this one way. Of course, President Trump helped them by framing his statements wrong. He never defended the radical righties, he just placed blame on the radical lefties too. But the way he said it allowed the media to frame it as if he supported the Nazis and many in the country bought into that narrative… because they don't listen and they prefer to listen filtered through their biased views rather than with an open mind. Too bad really since this just drives our country further apart as both sides use their biased view filters to hear and see only what they want.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: The Media

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,