President Anthony Carmona

President Anthony Carmona - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 25th Jan, 2017 - 12:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Best of  President Anthony Carmona
18th Mar, 2013 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

There is a lot of hope that President Anthony Carmona, the 5th president of Trinidad and Tobago, can bring a new light into the current state of affairs of the country. I am listening to his speech live - he is touching on the right issues and in some ways is attacking the government for what I will say is not doing enough about certain things like crime. He focused on the family and that gang members can be helped to change their lives. He paid homage to people in his life and places that he once lived such as Palo Seco and Fyzabad. Let's see what happens in his Presidency as words are nice but actions is another thing.

Full name: Anthony Thomas Aquinas Carmona

President Anthony Carmona (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
19th Mar, 2013 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Carmona Anthony President

He made some really good points but like you said JB we have to see what he can do as President because his powers are limited. Being a former judge will give him an edge since the rest of government are full of lawyers.

Anyone catch that his wife wore that controversial Michelle Obama style dress?

2nd Aug, 2013 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

President Anthony Carmona Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

President Anthony Carmona rebuked the whole of Parliament in no uncertain terms touching on:

* The late time Parliament sits (After lunch), he said it should be 8am and waited for applause
* Transparency for party financing
* MPs coming to Parliament to see about the people's business and not the Party's

When someone in the crowd tried to heckle the government based on what he said, President Anthony Carmona paused and chastised the person saying that they needed to be serious because it applied to everyone.

25th Sep, 2016 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

President Anthony Carmona used his Republic Day message to bash the media including journalists and social media about inaccurately expressing their thoughts without finding out facts. He is under attack by many and is already being labeled as "Too thinned skin for the office he holds" according to TV6 News. In my experience I have never seen any President of Trinidad & Tobago brought into question as much as President Anthony Carmona. What are your thoughts?

25th Sep, 2016 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (JB @ 25-Sep 16, 7:11 PM)
In my experience I have never seen any President of Trinidad & Tobago brought into question as much as President Anthony Carmona. What are your thoughts?

Perhaps because no other President tried to get involved in issues that are not part of his portfolio. He is not a Prime Minister. Secondly, he has been in the media too often because of the way he uses state funds (Vacations, housing, etc).

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2016 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

Name: George

Title: The president

Comments: My Question is do we really need a president. .It just seems a tremendous waste of public money .What are his contributions to the homeless,the poor and helping the nation in fighting crime and providing better security for this nation?.

Source: Past local history and my observations.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2016 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Name: Nancy

Title: The President Is a Waste Of Time

Comments: We do not need a President, and he actually looks like he will fall down or something, he doesn't look well. What is wrong with him. How did he get there in that position? This doesn't make sense like lots of things in this country.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2017 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

President Anthony Carmona Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Name: George

Title: Criminal Threats

Comments: The alleged threats against the President and our police stations should not be taken lightly by our politicians, security officials or the police bearing in mind and looking logically at what has happened in the past in countries with a similar crime scenario as ours. This threat could prove in the end detrimental to us making any real progress in trying to stem the flow of more serious crimes here. We must bear in mind at present the criminals have the upper hand as there is no progress by the local police in stemming the flow of all crimes and lawlessnesses here. We are at present infested with many loose violent killers roaming our country looking for potential victims together with a growing band of young hooligans and potential criminals within our schools. Then we have a growing brigade of potential terrorists waiting for an opportunity to play their part in the attempt of another coup. We must also remember that this local so-called Muslim movement was not established by a notorious local criminal with any peaceful purpose or good intentions and will always be a threat to our democracy. In my opinion, this threat is yet another warning that our local criminal elements are thinking about climbing another rung on the ladder of more internal violence and upheaval. Yes man. The writing is definitely on the wall. Those in the governance of this nation should, therefore, take heed, and not dismiss this threat as some sort of a prank.It far better to be safe than sorry.

> TOPIC: President Anthony Carmona

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,