George W. Bush - The Next Move - Page 3 of 28

I am amazed that Bush did not start his next - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Nov, 2004 - 12:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (28) »

?
Poll: Do You Think Bush is 'Right' In Decisions He Has Taken?
  Yes, 100% on the money       6.67%
  Yes, but only some crucial ones       20.00%
  Not really, good only on small decisions       20.00%
  No, he is making big mistakes       53.33%
Total Votes: 30
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
What can we expect from Pres. Bush for the next four years?
George W. Bush - The Next Move Related Information to George W. Bush - The Next Move
14th Nov, 2004 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move - Page 3

I don't think Roe vs Wade will ever be overturned. I think that is an excuse to ensure no conservative judges period. When a justice is on the bench, they rule based on the constitution not on their personal beliefs.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2004 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Move The Bush W George

While there are certain elements on the right who want Roe v. Wade overturned, and will certainly scream if President Bush doesn't do so, I truly doubt that he will make any nominations with this specifically in mind.

He most likely will nominate people who hold the Constitution as the authority, not the changing winds of public opinion.

If Roe v. Wade ever is overturned, it will be on the basis of state's rights. The Supreme Court has repeatedly stopped states from putting in place even basic controls, such as forbidding late-term, partial-birth abortions.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

15th Nov, 2004 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move History & Civil Business Politics

The idea of RvW being overturned is interesting, but I doubt it will happen -- at least in our lifetimes. Consider the source of the article I quoted - National Organization for Women. They are such a hardline, extremist group. It's almost a gut reaction for me to want to do exactly the opposite of whatever they are currently shrieking about.

As far as Supreme Court Justices being replaced, I believe two are having health problems at the moment. So at minimum, GW may have two to replace sometime soon.

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2004 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Move The Bush W George

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell has submitted his resignation, a senior administration official tells CNN.

15th Nov, 2004 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

Move The Bush W George

Okay, something is definitely not going correct here. I can't believe all these people are leaving just because they are 'tired'. Maybe Bush has informed him of new preemptive strikes and the work is too stressful under a war regiment and they do not want to be known as being part of the war administration?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

15th Nov, 2004 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move

I think Colin Powell and President Bush have been at odds for quite a while. I don't think they see things the same way. I am not surprised he is not staying for the next four years. I wouldn't be suprised if the decision for him was mutual.

It really isn't unusual for people to go back into the private sector after an election. Most presidential candidates really do only serve one term. The people in his cabinet have all been required to live away from their homes for the past 4 years and are capable of making considerably more money in the private sector than as a government employee.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2004 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

George W. Bush The Move - Page 3

My first message disappeared

I believe that Powell resigned because he saw the Bush administration moving more to the right. I'm sure Powell has difficulties accepting U.S foreign policy which is based on" Might is right

I believe Powell does not foresee any easing up by the Bush administration on it's agressif approach to solving international issues, nor does he believe that peace is possible in Iraq or the Middle East, as long as G.W Bush is president. Who knows, Bush may have mentionned his ententions to invade Iran, something Powell could never accept

I think Powell would have reconsidered if he knew Cheney and Rumsfell would be leaving, which I doupt.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2004 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

George W. Bush The Move Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

I am amazed that Bush did not start his next 4 years with a holiday (as one could expect from him) and the only thing we could do is just wait!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (28) »

> TOPIC: George W. Bush - The Next Move

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,