The Importance Of Language. - Page 3 of 3

Language can be so very complex, and yet also - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 27th May, 2017 - 5:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 3rd May, 2017 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Importance Of Language. - Page 3

Language shapes how the brain perceives time

Language has such a powerful effect, it can influence the way in which we experience time, according to a new study. Linguists have discovered that people who speak two languages fluently think about time differently depending on the language context in which they are estimating the duration of events. Ref. Source 7n.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd May, 2017 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

The Importance Of Language.
A Friend

Language Importance The

This is fascinating. I have lost quite a bit of my ability, but there was a time I pretty fluent in Arabic and Persian Farsi as well as semi-fluent in English *wink*

I wonder how that has affected me… if I perceive time differently now. I also wonder if this has an affect on how one perceives life, work, leisure, etc.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2017 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

The Importance Of Language.
A Friend

The Importance Of Language. UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Speaking parts of Korean, Spanish, English, ASL and even Redneck I do think I look at time much differently. I just do not worry about things and how much time it will take to do things as everything will come together on in the end.

27th May, 2017 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Language Importance The

Language can be so very complex, and yet also very interesting in how different they can be mattering location, dialect, region, or even nation. How you could have such diversity while also have so many details be very similar.

Myself, I have always wanted to be a linguist and learn at least five to six languages. Perhaps going from British English, to Irish, to Scottish, onto Gaelic, French, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Hebrew.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Importance Of Language.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,