Sears & Kmart Merge

Sears Kmart Merge - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Feb, 2005 - 3:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2004 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sears & Kmart Merge

Sears and Kmart to merge in $11 billion deal
Ref. https://www.CNN.com

Sponsored Links:
17th Nov, 2004 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Merge Kmart and Sears

Since K-Mart is a Michigan company, anything that happens with it makes the news here. I think this could be a very good move for both companies, as both have been deteriorating over the last few years. It will be interesting to see what kind of business philosophy they come up with.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

17th Nov, 2004 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Sears & Kmart Merge History & Civil Business Politics

K-Mart started building a huge store here in Trinidad years ago but then they stopped, I wonder if they will continue now that they started emerging again?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Nov, 2004 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Merge Kmart and Sears

I suppose that they could. They have been going through some extremely difficult times lately. They closed over 50% of their stores over the last couple of years, laid off a lot of employees, and were looking to relocate to a cheaper area for their headquarters. Even here, in Michigan, they closed a lot of stores, and this has always been their best location. I would hope that Sears' quality appliances and philosophy will make them more competitive, but I kind of expect to see them both continue to decline.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

17th Nov, 2004 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Merge Kmart and Sears

I wonder if more than ownership is really being merged. K-Mart and Sears really are two very different types of retail store. Do you think they will stop having stores like Sears and make them all like K-Mart? I can't imagine them all becoming like Sears. Or, do you think they will both cease and we will end up with one hybrid at all locations?

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

21st Nov, 2004 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Sears & Kmart Merge

Today, as my mother and I were driving, we saw a bunch of signs for K-Mart advertising 50% off everything in the store! So, before they go much farther, they are going to clean house. I understand K-Mart will have Sears appliances and so forth, and that Sears may begin selling groceries as K-Mart does. Interesting... but I'll sure get in on the discounts while they are happening! We have both in town here, and a Super Wal-Mart Center just opened up on the west side of town. I would imagine the Sears/K-Mart would have to be very competitive to make any kind of a difference. The K-Mart here has always been (like most K-Mart stores I've ever been in) dirty, disorganized, and the clerks are rude and not very helpful. They would have to change that to get me to shop there more often.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Nov, 2004 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Sears & Kmart Merge

From what I've heard the 2 stores are going to remain much the same. Only a few changes will be seen. I've heard that Kmart may sell appliances but I have not heard that Sears would be selling groceries, that seems a little impractical to me. Sears would have to do some major changes to their stores. I'm sure we will hear more soon. Here where I live we have both stores. I have not spent a lot of time in Sears and usually I only go to Kmart as a last resort. Perhaps if the merger goes smoothly Kmart will hire more pleasant help.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

5th Feb, 2005 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Sears & Kmart Merge Politics Business Civil & History

Makes sense. You gotta get BIG if you are going to rival Walmart. Together, the 2 stand a chance to survive the Walton Wave. It is kinda sad to see Sears (an American Retail Icon) having fallen so far from the top.

Wonder if the Sears Tower now changes name?

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Sears & Kmart Merge

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,