The Worst Tyrant! - Page 2 of 4

You guys mentioned the worst tyrants that - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Jan, 2006 - 4:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2005 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

The Worst Tyrant!
A Friend

The Worst Tyrant! - Page 2

I don't think it is possible or even an important question to answer. History is filled with horrible mass murderers who all leave terrible marks on humanity. As to who is the absolute worse it is really not possible to say. It is estimated that Stalin killed roughly 60 million people and Hitler about 10 million, does that mean Stalin is worse? I don't think any of us can say, surely Hitler would have killed just as many if the Third Reich had survived. I think it is more important to ask why sane moral people can be totally passive in the midst of such crimes against humanity. People like Hitler and Stalin would not be able to operate if it were not for this overwhelming equanimity in humanity that we see every day.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2005 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

Tyrant Worst The

User Chazz333, you do not have any authority here to dictate what is an important question or thread. Read how to post a Constructive message.

8th May, 2005 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

The Worst Tyrant! History & Civil Business Politics

For me and my family, the worst tyrant is the former romanian president Nicolae Ceausescu. He was a dictator for over 30 years and he mutilated this beautiful country to the point that it will take more than that period to get back in the line with the other european countries.
For the entire humanity, I would say that Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao were all bad, but I want to underline that, ever though crime has no excuse, I feel that killing your own people is much worst.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 19 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.9%

11th May, 2005 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tyrant Worst The

I think Rauldrake has made an excellent point. The worst tyrant in history is really a matter of perspective. Many western societies consider Hitler and Stalin as the two worst but Nighthawk correctly points out that Mao murdered more.

People who live in Indonesia will think Suharto was the worst. Personally I would say that Pol Pot, Stalin and Hitler would be right up there simply for the volume of people they murdered in such a short period, but that is purely my opinion.

Pol Pot eliminated one third of his people in less than four years without a significant millitary machine by world standards.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 11th May, 2005 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

The Worst Tyrant!
A Friend

Tyrant Worst The

Hitler was a horrible person and would be my choice. I am afraid we have a tyrant in the White House that sadly will stoop to no low to do things that he wants. It is sad to see the pain in Mississippi that is caused by his audacious policies. I am afraid we have become a fascist nation.

I know there are many who still buy into his horrible policies as being good, due to the media laying down on the job. I respect others opinion of course, but I am always glad to have a friendly debate with actual facts.

Let me add that I am a Disabled Vietnam Era Veteran and served in 2 branches of the military (Air Force, Navy).

Reconcile Edited: GoldenEagle on 11th May, 2005 - 4:45pm

4th Jun, 2005 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

The Worst Tyrant!

Rauldrake has an excellent point. Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin these guys get the headlines because of the shear numbers of people they had killed. In the smaller countries of the world where the media does not focus there are some awful things going on.

When I was in Somalia General Aideed had several villages completely destroyed and all of the men, women and children buried in a mass grave. Although the number on people was less than even 5,000 this act was enough to eliminate a clan of people in the west central portion of Somalia. To these people I am sure Aideed was the worst tyrant ever. It is all in the eye of the beholder.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 13 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2005 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

The Worst Tyrant!
A Friend

The Worst Tyrant! - Page 2

In my humble opinion, Qin Shihuang (google if unheard of) is the worst Tyrant in History. He practised incest with his sister, taxed the peasantry of almost all their money and forced many young men to waste their lives constructing many of his palaces and houses of pleasure. Not only that, in his ambition of constructing the Qin Empire, he brought the whole of China into his regime of terror. He destroyed the lives of many young girls by lustfully forcing them to serve his needs and serve in his harem.

It was so terrible in his rule that China suffered one of the most dark eras in it's long history, suffering attacks from the Barbaric north and uncountable natural disasters I.e. droughts, earthquakes. And believe you me, if it was going the way of mass murder, he would still be a top candidate for worst tyrant as almost 8 million people lost their lives during his 60 year reign.

But then again, Hitler did make Germany one of the most technologically advanced and feared nations in Europe during his rule. His Nazi party might've treated a lot of ethnic minorities with discrimination and injustice but they cared for their own people. He also won the Olympics for Munich and he might be a tyrant and please understand that in no way I approve of his actions and beliefs, but in his own way, his actions did make a change. A tyrant that he is, I believe that his tyranny is unsurpassed by Qin Shihuang.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Do not ask offtopic questions in Posts

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2006 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

The Worst Tyrant!
A Friend

The Worst Tyrant! Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

You guys mentioned the worst tyrants that are dead. However, I would like to point out Robert Mugabe, who can be considered a tyrant. Robert Mugabe kicked off the white farmers of the land igniting a 300% Inflation then destroying a shantytown of 750,000 people in the capital,Harare, who suspicion has it,supported a rival party.

Also, I have to say, David Malan and Hendrik Voerwoerd should also be put in the tyrant category. They are responsbile for the creation of the worst system in history,at least in my opinion,apartheid.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: The Worst Tyrant!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,