Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 12th May, 2008 - 3:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

The King of Rock & Roll
9th Jan, 2005 - 12:13pm / Post ID: #

Elvis Presley

Elvis Presley

Are you a fan of Elvis Presley?

FANS CELEBRATE ELVIS' 70TH BIRTHDAY

Would the pompadour be gray? Would arthritis have stilled the swiveling hips?
Would the lip now curl above false teeth?
Ref. More Info...

Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2005 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Presley Elvis

I have loved Elvis since I was a kid. When he died I cried and cried. For a long time after whenever I heard my favorite song, "Love me Tender" I would cry. Now I just remember how great he was and miss him. He will forever be The King to me. Long live Elvis Presley! biggrin.gif

2nd Nov, 2007 - 7:38am / Post ID: #

Elvis Presley Sports & Fashion Music Movies

No need to cry! Elvis is ALIVE! Thanks to his helping law enforcement official in nabbing the bad guys, Elvis is in the witness protection program. So fear not all, he is alive, but just not in Wright City Missouri any longer:

WRIGHT CITY, Mo. -  If Elvis were here today, he might say, "Thank you, thank you very much" for the 17 years that an odd Missouri outpost has been making the case that the King never died.

But the burden of proof soon will fall on someone else's shoulders.

Bill Beeny, the 81-year-old proprietor of The Elvis is Alive Museum, said he has placed his Elvis Presley memorabilia on eBay in hopes that someone else will take up the cause. His collection includes photographs, books, FBI files, replicas of the Cadillac the King drove and of the casket and gravestone from his 1977 funeral, even a painted Elvis head.

Beeny, a self-described "western Kentucky hillbilly" Baptist minister who wound up in Missouri 50 years ago, is selling the contents of his roadside attraction, a transformed coin-operated laundry 55 miles west of St. Louis that he opened in 1990, to satisfy something else that drives him.

"I have a burden to help people," said Beeny, wearing the penciled dark mustache, long sideburns and slick black hair of an Elvis aficionado. "Someone else can run, will run, the museum. No one in the whole county is doing the job I intend to do."

Beeny wants to put his energy into serving the needy in rapidly growing Warren County by providing child care, senior services, a food pantry and counseling for the addicted.

Beeney said he'll miss Elvis, "but life has its changes. You have to let go."

He hopes someone will buy the collection and open a new museum dedicated to the theory that Elvis lives - although the look and feel of Beeny's place could be hard to duplicate.

Outside, a 16-foot sign of a rhinestone-belted Elvis holding a microphone dominates an otherwise humdrum small-town landscape. A replica of Elvis' old Cadillac that hasn't been started for years is parked out front.

Inside the small museum, signs in large, bold letters and exclamation points scream out, "FREE MUSEUM," "SEE FUNERAL ROOM," "10 REASONS WHY I BELIEVE ELVIS IS ALIVE!" and "DNA PROVES ELVIS IS ALIVE."

Visitors wind their way around a casket, complete with a mannequin that doesn't look anything like Elvis, hundreds of photographs and yellowed news clippings, and a poster of the famous photo of President Nixon and Presley from 1970.

Visitors can hear what is said to be a tape recording of Presley's voice, supposedly copied off a telephone answering machine six years after the funeral, as well as see piles of documents that Beeny said are FBI files proving Presley's involvement with federal authorities.

Beeny, who had been only a nominal fan of Elvis Presley, started to doubt his death when customers at Beeny's former 1950s Cafe in Wright City asked questions that couldn't be answered.

Beeny said he eventually showed that the tissue samples of Elvis he says he obtained from a Memphis doctor did not match samples he says were taken from the cadaver "purported to be Elvis." Beeny later wrote a book, "Elvis' DNA Proves He's Alive!"

He also claims Presley had good reason to disappear: He's in the federal Witness Protection Program for assistance he provided federal law enforcement authorities.

David Beckwith, a spokesman for Elvis Presley Enterprises, which manages Graceland, the King's estate and mansion in Memphis, Tenn., said the company has no comment.

After reading this, it is hard to admit that I am from Missouri! laugh.gif

9th Apr, 2008 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Presley Elvis

I also grew up an Elvis fan. I didn't really see how really sexy he was until I hit age 11 and he did the 1968 special in December that was sponsored by Singer sewing machine. That is when I fell in love with the man.
When he died it had only been 5 months since my maternal grandmother had passed away and so it was a very sad year that year. I remember just listening to the radio all night the night he died and wishing to be in Memphis. Since then I have been to Memphis 3 times and two of those time I went to Graceland.
Thanks,
Oddley

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2008 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Elvis Presley
A Friend

Presley Elvis

It was interesting that when I was in graceland you could not go upstairs but you could here someone up there. I think he is still alive and the witness protection plan is a feasible reason for him to be listed as dead. I know he was one of the greatest if not the greatest singer ever. He is the father of rock and roll. but he sang some great christian songs too. He was able to sing anything.

9th Apr, 2008 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Elvis Presley

You all do know that there is a 24/7 all Elvis radio station on satellite radio?
Oddley

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2008 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Elvis Presley
A Friend

Elvis Presley

I do not have satellite radio as of yet it is too expensive but thanks for letting me know that I can find Elvis on there 24/7. That is very helpful.

Post Date: 12th May, 2008 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

Elvis Presley
A Friend

Elvis Presley Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Elvis! Elvis! I liked the 1954 to 1963 Elvis the most! I even liked some of his movies! My mom saw him in person in 56'.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Elvis Presley

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,