Do You Think There Is Only 1 Destined For You?

Do 1 Destined You - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 10:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Is there more than one person that is destined to be with you by fate?
  Yes       66.67%
  No       33.33%
Total Votes: 12
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Or more than 1 that is destined for you?
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2005 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Some people think that there is only one person destined to be with you by fate, one "soulmate" that you are supposed to be with. Do you believe this? Why or why not? If you agree, what happens if you don't meet that person? Please list any resources you use to develop or back up your theory.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 16th Jan, 2005 - 4:10am

Sponsored Links:
16th Jan, 2005 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

You Destined Only There You Do

You see, I don't believe in destiny so I think there is less than one person destined for you.

Probably there is one that may fit you the most, but it will take you more than a lifetime to find him, and most people usually don't. But around the world there are many souls who fit you in one way or another, not destined to be so, not a perfect match either, but just out there. As long as you find one of those, you'll be OK.

16th Jan, 2005 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Do You Think There Is Only 1 Destined For You? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

The wording of the survey question threw me a little bit, but I voted YES, meaning I think there is more than one person with whom I am designed to have a meaningful relationship in this life. That does not mean a marriage or a dating relationship, although if I have a wife who dies, there may possibly be another with whom I am meant to share that relationship. However, in the realm of 'soulmates,' I believe that friendship and a specific influence for a definite reason is more vital than a romantic love.

To me, a soulmate is a person who is placed in one's life for mutual edification at a certain time, although soulmates can be friends for life. The thought that there is ONLY ONE makes me ask myself, "What if I miss this person? What if I am not righteous enough at the foreordained period of my life to meet my soulmate?" This seems unlikely in my mind. Rather, I envision a hierarchy of soulmates. Of course, one's spouse should be at the top of the pyramid - only one at a time, thanks. However, some lesser soulmates could be not even people we consider friends.

For example, there is a small number of people in my life, both male and female, with whom I have shared incredible moments of enlightenment. Each of these individuals has been placed in my path so I could learn something vital from him or her, and he or she almost without exception has learned something different but of a similar nature from me. Many of these are not friends in the traditional sense. We do not watch sports together. We do not generally talk about our hobbies or the weather or the latest gossip among our peers. These people are just folks with whom I have had a much deeper spiritual connection, and I feel they have been sent from God. Sometimes the connection has manifest itself just through conversation with somebody with whom I was familiar, sometimes through a particular shared experience, or sometimes just by a chance meeting. I am thankful for the powerful lessons I have learned from the blessing of certain soulmates in my life.

17th Jan, 2005 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

I voted "Yes" because I do believe that there is more than one person "out there" for me. Destined? I'm not sure about that. The idea that we are destined to have just one is very romantic, but not very practical, in my opinion.

Howe said:

The thought that there is ONLY ONE makes me ask myself, "What if I miss this person? What if I am not righteous enough at the foreordained period of my life to meet my soulmate?"

My thoughts, also, and I'm quite sure that at this age of my life I've already missed the boat -- if, indeed, there was a destiny for me at my "marrying age" a long time ago. However, I also believe in a loving Father in Heaven who will lead and guide me to where I need to be, if I'm living in tune with the Spirit, in order to find marital happiness later in my life. I know that now is not that time, because I'm not ready for it; but I do believe that at some point I will be ready to seek for that, and that He will provide a way for me to find it.

For example, there is a small number of people in my life, both male and female, with whom I have shared incredible moments of enlightenment.
This is happening for me, as well, and this Forum has been a big part of it.

Roz

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2005 - 7:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ahhh.... your one true love.... Destiny maybe... but destiny and me seem to be rather at odds. I have seen people fall in and out of love so many times, but for me, I think there is only one person out there whether or not I'll ever find him, my "Larsis". I don't know. And for all who are wondering, Larsis is the name I gave to the man designed to be my perfect match. There may be more than one "destined" love for some people, but for me, there is only one.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2005 - 9:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I do believe in destiny but I also believe most of it is your doing. On the topic, I think 1 in 15-20 person could be very appropriate for you . If we are talking about "true love" the percentage only decrees but there is still a big chance to find it if you try enough (most of us will not) and give people the chance to get into your heart (again most of us are so reluctant to do so) so you see how the chances drop and we believe there is only one for each .

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jan, 2005 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Do You There Only 1 Destined You

Since the question in the survey and the question for the thread are opposites and I didn't notice until after I voted, I voted incorrectly.

I do not believe there is just one person destined for you. I think that is a popular notion among many people, especially those of my particular faith. However, I don't think it is true.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do You There Only 1 Destined You Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Oh, I definitely believe that soulmates exist, but not that there is just one, or that it's an unbrakeable bond (beyond death, of course). I don't believe in destiny, so if there was just *one* person out there it'd be really impossible to find him/her, also I don't believe you're like, 'bound together for life,' and that it's still a relationship, and so takes work. Just it's less work, and the rewards are greater. Just, I guess, an above-average mushiness and love.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Do You Think There Is Only 1 Destined For You?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,