A New Wave Of Anti-Semitism - Page 3 of 7

Israel accuses Turkish PM of inciting anti-Semitism: - Page 3 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 27th Jan, 2010 - 11:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Anti-Semitic, Hate Of Jews, Against Israel
29th Jul, 2006 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

A New Wave Of Anti-Semitism - Page 3

This is very unfortunate and scary at the same time. I hope the justice system works in this case and the guy do not end up being labeled as "insane" and just sent to a psychiatric hospital.

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2006 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Anti-Semitism Wave A

I have struggled with deciding where to post this. It is a mix of a couple of different topics, but both have to do with anti-semitism.

First of all, we all know by now that Mel Gibson made some anti-semitic remarks while drunk. He has apologized for this act. And, they were just words.

On the very same day, in Seattle, a Muslim man walked into the Seattle Jewish Federation, and shot 6 women. One of them died. Here is a news report about it:
https://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...qqG8&refer=home

The suspect told building staff members before he began shooting that he was ``a Muslim American'' who was ``angry at Israel,'' the Times said, citing Amy Wasser-Simpson, the federation's vice president for planning and community services.
The gunman broke into the charity's building on Friday. According to court documents, Haq talked to 911 operators from the office, identified himself by name and said: "This is a hostage situation and I want these Jews to get out."

He later added: "These are Jews and I'm tired of getting pushed around and our people getting pushed around by the situation in the Middle East."

Now, which one of these gets all the news coverage? Which one is more disturbing, the one where a known conservative, religious celebrity makes some statements while drunk, or the one where a known Muslim performs an act of terror within the United States?

Obviously, Mel Gibson has gotten all the attention. And it hasn't been just the media which has shown this (normal for them) bias, it has been the commentators on the Left.

It is a travesty that the drunken ramblings of a single man are considered more newsworthy than a terrorist attack.

Here are two very nice commentaries on this situation.
https://www.townhall.com/Columnists/JeffJac...nti-semitism_is
https://www.townhall.com/Columnists/DennisP...l&comments=true

8th Aug, 2006 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

A New Wave Of Anti-Semitism Judaism Studies

QUOTE (Nighthawk)
I have struggled with deciding where to post this. It is a mix of a couple of different topics...

Yes, we cover these as individual Topics, but for the purpose of this Thread I believe it is suitable for your point.

Of course the focus is on Mel. The other people can be dismissed as lunatic zealots, but we are talking about Mel Gibson here. The man who made Passion wherein many Jews already claimed it was an anti-semitic film, so of course the focus is on him. Many of the Jews I am sure are smiling now at a fate well deserved.

Also, in another Thread we talk about the current war with Lebanon, and we already see a great hatred brewing stronger for the Jews. If you are a Jew you are not supposed to protect yourself - just let them hit you - if you hit back then you are in the wrong. I am just wondering when it will be an all out war where full scale attacks are made against israel rather than pot shots.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2007 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Anti-Semitism Wave A

Bishop Huber: Fight Anti-Semitism

The head of the Council of the Protestant Church of Germany, Bishop Wolfgang Huber, has warned against greater anti-Semitism. "The repeated flare-ups of anti-Semitism in Germany shames us all", he said while visiting the Yad Vashem memorial site in Jerusalem. "As a Church, we speak out clearly against it", he added. The Protestant trip through Israel will last for six days. German Catholic Bishops visit Yad Vashem in early March.
Ref. https://www.germnews.de/dn

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2008 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Anti-Semitism Wave A

Paris anti-Semitic T-shirt probe

French prosecutors open an investigation after T-shirts carrying anti-Semitic slogans are seen on sale in Paris.
Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2009 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

A New Wave Of Anti-Semitism

'Record rise' in UK anti-Semitism

Anti-Semitic attacks in the UK doubled in the first half of this year compared with the same period in 2008, new figures show. Ref. Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2009 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

A Wave Anti-Semitism - Page 3

Tide Is Turning Against Israel:

Terming "anti-Semitic" the 25 member states that voted to back the report's recommendations, last Friday, will make them even more determined to see Israel before the International Criminal Court. And it is worth remembering that two, Russia and China, hold veto-power in the UN Security Council. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2010 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

A Wave Anti-Semitism Studies Judaism - Page 3

Israel accuses Turkish PM of inciting anti-Semitism:

Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon's humiliation of the Turkish ambassador earlier this month seriously offended Turkey, but also made it clear to Ankara that it had crossed red lines in its relationship with Israel, according to a report on Israel-Turkey relations prepared by the Foreign Ministry. Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: A New Wave Of Anti-Semitism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,