Wal-Mart - Page 2 of 10

I don't know what is the big deal - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Jun, 2006 - 3:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »
Best of  Wal-Mart A Bully? Walmart - Wal Mart - Wall Mart
Post Date: 19th May, 2005 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart
A Friend

Wal-Mart - Page 2

Wal-Mart's sales growth has sagged, in part because the retailer, based in Bentonville, Ark., while still a low-price leader, doesn't have products on the floor that attract today's shoppers - particularly in apparel, home furnishings and consumer electronics. It also has a problem with slow checkout service,

Wal-Mart may not have the items on the floor that attract (ALL of) today's shoppers, but I don't ever remember Wal-Mart ever being a place were people shop for luxurious items. It is very obvious Target stores are appealing to higher-income customers, but really.. if you were looking for high quality name brand lawn furniture would you really start there? I don't think so. Most Wal-Mart shoppers just want to get enough plastic chairs to handle all their family coming over for a BBQ, not a $100 chaise lounge chair with matching $500 porch swing and $1100 outdoor cabana.

And being a faithful Wal-Mart shopper, there are some things I expect to buy there cheaper, and if I wanted quality name brand clothes I know I go elsewhere. I don't think Wal-Mart is going to go anywhere.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2005 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart says to double China outlets by 2006

Reuters - Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world's biggest retailer, plans to more than double its outlets in China and run 90 stores by the end of 2006, a senior executive said on Monday, as it fights to expand market share
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=...hina_walmart_dc

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2005 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart History & Civil Business Politics

Global unions to target Wal-Mart -WSJ

Reuters - Labor leaders plan to coordinate work stoppages at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. outside the United States, starting with a campaign to organize workers at its South Korean stores, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...almart_labor_dc

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2005 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Wal-Mart

WAL-MART HIRED SECURITY GUARDS TO SPY ON QUEBEC EMPLOYEES - CBC INVESTIGATION

Employees at a Quebec Wal-Mart store that closed after a successful union drive were spied upon by undercover security guards, according to an investigation by Radio-Canada.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...art-051202.html

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2005 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart

Wal-Mart must pay $200m to workers denied lunch breaks

Wal-Mart, the world's largest retail company, has suffered a potentially ominous legal setback, with a California jury awarding more than $200m (£115m) to thousands of employees who alleged they were illegally and systematically denied lunch-breaks.
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/world/americ...ticle334859.ece

9th Jun, 2006 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart

Yet another example of how Wal-Mart is throwing around her weight:

COKE CAVES UNDER WAL-MART PRESSURE

Coca-Cola, fearing Wal-Mart would launch its own sports drink to rival the beverage giant's Powerade if it didn't agree to the retailer's new distribution terms, caved under the pressure and altered its own century-old supply system, a published report said Thursday.
Ref. https://money.cnn.com/2006/06/08/news/compa...lmart/index.htm

Coke-Cola must really get a lot of revenue from Wal-Mart to bow under pressure.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jun, 2006 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart - Page 2

Actually, it is pretty amusing when one giant literally 'sticks it' to another, and forces them to change their rules. This is usually a bigger company mandating a smaller company, but when two giants butt heads like this, and one bows to another, it really shows that even big companies are subject to change.
I am not sure whether Coke is receiving a lot of revenue, but you have to think Wal-Mart is a huge distributor of their product, and to lose them would not only be a blow to them, but an advantage to their competitors.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2006 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I don't know what is the big deal with Wal-Mart, I wouldn't even be caught dead in there, don't tell me that you people actually shop there? I guess you poor people have to go to the less classy places?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Wal-Mart

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,