Are Women Smarter Than Men? - Page 3 of 10

I was diagnosed with dyslexia, ADD and some - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 8th Sep, 2008 - 6:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »
Do women excel faster and with higher grades than men?
11th May, 2005 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Are Women Smarter Than Men? - Page 3

After all, bridge is just as mentally demanding and as violent, and there are plenty of women who enjoy and do well at that one.

Perhaps it is a different type of mental challenge or it could be matter of interest or exposure. How many girls are encouraged to play chess as a child, for example. To be great at anything, you generally need early exposure. Perhaps we aren't encouraging daughters to play chess the way we do boys?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2007 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Men Smarter Women Are

Name: Ranee

Comments: According to my research on the internet, females START OUT smarter, but it does not stay this way. Males tend to become smarter than females at about 14-18 years of age.

Source: cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2006/09/07/3075.aspx

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2008 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Are Women Smarter Than Men? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Name: Janet

Comments: I think that girls are better in academically then boys is because male main force is to play sport. Because of all the stereotype that was made about women only jobs being to still at home and be house wife has led to women becoming more ambitious about what they can achieve from life and fighting for it to proved men wrong and I think we have do a great at it .

Source1: US history

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2008 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Are Women Smarter Than Men?
A Friend

Page 3 Men Smarter Women Are

from what I have observed, the smartest (those who get the best grades) people in my class have always been guys. On the other hand, the average girl seems to generally be academically smarter than the average guy.

It would seem that girls tend to wright much better, but guys tend to excel at logic subjects like math and science.

Another of my observations is the fact that girls will ask a lot more questions than guys and tend to take more time to understand. Unfortunantly these questions often make them seem ignorant.

I think that guys don't ask as many question or participate as much as girls because of personality and not because of mental capability. Guys and girls have different learning styles, not different inteligence levels. Besides, to claim that one is more intelligent, you must first define inteligence.

I think that what makes all those studies say that girls are more intelligent, is the fact that their personality tends to be more perfectionnist (which is why they get better grades)

Of course this is all generally speaking, and based on my experience.

14th Jan, 2008 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Men Smarter Women Are

Women are smarter than men period. Men think mostly with that thing between their legs, we tend to use that thing above our eyes.

14th Jan, 2008 - 10:04am / Post ID: #

I do believe that in elementary school, girls are more willing to learn and have a stronger desire to please the teacher. Us boys just do not seem to have this in general...not in all case, but generally. That is what I am my 3 siblings (we are 2 boys and 2 girls) saw in the elementary school we went too (over a 11 year span between youngest and oldest). Teachers in general have collaborated this statement as well...my mother used to be a teachers helper and asked.

However, when we get to junior high and highschool, all bets are off. Social pressures and which "group" you hang with tended to determine your outlook towards your studies. The girls that I went to school with and my sisters were very good with math in elementary school, but as soon as highschool hit, math wasn't cool and they did horribly. I saw that A LOT in highschool. Some girls became what I refer to as Boy Crazy and some guys just became Academically Challenged because books aren't cool. And even less cool were teachers!

Once you got to college, I didn't see a whole lot of difference. We were all there with a purpose. Now I went to a engineering college, so that probably isn't a fair judgement of colleges in general. However, I saw both men and women do very well and poorly on a near equal basis.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2008 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Are Women Smarter Men - Page 3

Name: Matt

Comments: The amount of women in college and higher classes is not a sheer indication of intelligence. The fact is, it has to do with the way we were raised. Boys are usually raised in a "boys will be boys" mindset that sets the path for stereotypes. On the other hand, women tend to be raised more sensitively than men and to use their brain more. Probably any doctor would tell you that the brains of a man and a woman are identical. the only difference is bodily chemicals.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2008 - 6:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Women Smarter Men Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

I was diagnosed with dyslexia, ADD and some other "learning" disabilities growing up. I could barely read at 12. My spelling and grammar suck and I barley made it to graduation. I never passed algebra. I think I got a 2.2 GPA. Of corse I was always getting in trouble.

I like how all the t.v shows show men as being stupid.

I just took that online test that is connected to this forum and scored 145. I think the test may be a little inaccurate. Most tests show that I am between 131 to 137. I have taken 5 of them online just out of curiosity. Maybe my IQ got 10 points higher this year. laugh.gif

One I took in junior high said 125. Back when I had many reading problems. They didn't tell me what it was in high school after I took one of their stupid tests. I still read very slow. I will say that I am below average and down right stupid in some ways.

How could someone with so many disabilities score over average on the tests though?

If you compare people with each other and say one is better than the other then you are probably the stupid one. We are all different with different skills.

I think men and women may think different, but that is it. I agree with Matt's statement about the chemical thing.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Are Women Smarter Than Men?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,