30 Posts Too Much?

30 Posts Much - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 24th Mar, 2005 - 2:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

?
Poll: To play RPGs here I think 30 posts is...
  Very easy to make       43.75%
  Reasonable to make       37.50%
  Kind of hard to make       18.75%
  Very difficult to make       0.00%
Total Votes: 16
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
It is like asking for blood to some...
21st Mar, 2005 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much?

Is asking for 30 constructive posts in order to have Role-playing Game status too much to ask? What are your thoughts? Are there other methods to judge if a new user is serious and mature enough to participate in JB's RPGs (And Community in general)?

NOTE: Since JB's retirement from Role-playing Games this is no longer a requirement.

Sponsored Links:
21st Mar, 2005 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Much Posts

I think the trouble is that people looking specifically for RPG sites probably want to start playing right away. So, they haven't any interest necessarily in posting in the forum and find 30 posts a high number. However, I don't see any other solution. I have never RPGed any place else. How do other sites handle this? I certainly don't want to start RPGing with someone and then they stop in the middle or only connect once per week to offer input.

21st Mar, 2005 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much? Feedback & FAQ News Community

In my opinion, 30 posts for a newbie is very easy, as there is so much to participate in with respect to discussions. I think it is a great gauge because if someone is complaining about posting 30 times in a forum where there are so many discussions, then they don't deserve to be here, and probably will not do well in keeping participation up while in an RPG. Again, in my opinion, the limit should probably be raised to 50. I believe when I joined, I had 50 in a short period of time, and I wasn't even here for the RPG.
Probably a better way of qualifying for RPG status is maintaining a participation level for a specified period of time. Too many times we have new folks get to 30 posts and then stop posting, and eventually leave or get deleted or can't keep up participation level for the current RPG. If they get in the mode of "this is a discussion forum first, RPG secondary or even tertiary", then it will be easier for them to stay longer and maintain participation levels.

21st Mar, 2005 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Much Posts

I do not think 30 posts is too much for someone who is serious about what they want to do...what happen is that most of the time some teens are mostly the ones interested in RPG and they do not really care about anything else than that...but I think the purpose of RPG is just an addition to what the community is really all about, intellectual discussions.

21st Mar, 2005 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Much Posts

I like Xander's suggestion regarding participation level. I know participation level has to be maintained to play, but maybe we need to set a period of time, like he suggests where they must maintain this participation and not even specify how many posts they must have.

22nd Mar, 2005 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much?

I think the 30 *constructive* post requirement takes on several issues - how do they react to the 30 post requirement? how do they post - 15 word meaningless twaddle, or a real opinion or constructive reply? do they bail out before they even get to 30 posts? how long does it take them to get to 30 posts?

As has been mentioned, anyone with the maturity level required to play will understand that things work differently here. As one ex-member said, he wanted to find a button that said "play now," and he didn't, so he left. Those who are serious about trying the custom-designed and written RPGs here will understand the restrictions placed to filter out the non-serious users.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Mar, 2005 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

30 Posts Much

Honestly, I would love to enable a user to join and create their character right away, but unfortunately there is no way to screen people that join and most times they are just 'jokers' (not serious about being here). The 30 posts was started to tell a few things...

1. Their real age since no matter what age they put it comes up in their writing
2. Their interest in the Community. Most of the RPGs are text based and so it requires someone who genuinely likes to write and participate in a constructive Community.
3. Their ability to follow instructions. You can pretty much know that by 30 posts.

The participation is based on post count so really they work hand in hand. One cannot work without the other. I see that most are suggesting that we rely on participation, but that would also cause a rapid amount of posts to be made or even the feeling of not having to post because when they first join their participation is considered very high.

I guess like most things we will just have to introduce mature people to RPGs as they come... look at the current Scenario, everyone except for one probably did not know anything about RPGing until they got here. Now that they know - they are more active in it than someone that specifically joins to RPG.

24th Mar, 2005 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Much Community News FAQ & Feedback

I agree with Tenaheff that members who are looking for RPG specifically would feel uninterested in posting 30 posts first. I think there just needs to be something else RPG-related to add to their stay. There actually are things like the munjpets and member wars, perhaps they just need to be advertised more to new members.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: 30 Posts Too Much?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,