30 Posts Too Much? - Page 2 of 6

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad)Not trash at all, in fact - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 29th Nov, 2005 - 4:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: To play RPGs here I think 30 posts is...
  Very easy to make       43.75%
  Reasonable to make       37.50%
  Kind of hard to make       18.75%
  Very difficult to make       0.00%
Total Votes: 16
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
It is like asking for blood to some...
24th Mar, 2005 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much? - Page 2

I agree with Tenaheff that members who are looking for RPG specifically would feel uninterested in posting 30 posts first.

Sure, but the big question is... why do they still join anyway? It clearly emphasizes this both on www.WorldofMedieval.com and the Register page. Then again when they post their intro message. Is it that they are hoping that we change the rules for them or maybe they think we just put that (the rules) up there for the sake of having rules? I believe the thing is... they do not read, and thus they would not fit in well with these RPGs.

There actually are things like the munjpets and member wars, perhaps they just need to be advertised more to new members.

Well the interesting thing is that these still require you to post in order to have FP to upkeep your pet and / or get Gil as the case may be.

One thing I am going to do for a start is to emphasize that we do not want anyone under 16 here. I believe that about 85% of the users that join and say they want to RPG are less than 16 and therefore 30 constructive messages is a task for them because their minds and experience are still in its' embryonic stages.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jun, 2005 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Much Posts

You are right JB, 30 posts is not much. Still, when I joined I thought to myself "How on earth will I post 30 times? ... I haven't posted 30 times in all the forums I have ever been." The thing is - and I'm just talking about myself - you need a little time to accommodate ... after that few days period (in my case), I discovered that the forum is huge and 30 posts are a piece of cake. Now I'm at almost 200 and I can't believe how time passed so quickly.

25th Jun, 2005 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much? Feedback & FAQ News Community

Due to recent spam attempts I have reduced the number of posts a normal member can make to 15 per day. So if a new member joins they can hope for RPG status in two days 15+15=30. That does not change much since they still had to take two days before with 22+8=30. It is just that on the first day they will not be able to jump to 22. In the long run this is better anyway since if a member is willing to come back to post then it means they are serious. We seem to get too many 'jokers' these days.

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2005 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much?
A Friend

Page 2 Much Posts

Thirty posts is not unreasonable by many means. I think it's a great way to make sure that a person is serious about staying and donating their time to the role playing game. I'm a member of other RPG's, and see people come and take the time to make a bio for their character, and somebody has to spend the time approving it, and then they disapear. It's a waste of time for admins and mods. If a person is willing to dedicate the time to make thirty posts, then it's almost like a contract they're signing saying they are making a commitment to RP.

29th Nov, 2005 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Much Posts

Of recent the most amazing thing to me is how many people join for RPGs saying they are ready to get started on their 30 posts and you never see them again after their first or second post. I believe this may be due to their thinking that the posts would not require much thought, but after seeing the depth of our topics they have decided that 30 posts is not just '30 posts', but '30 constructive well thought out posts'.

29th Nov, 2005 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much?

I believe this may be due to their thinking that the posts would not require much thought, but after seeing the depth of our topics they have decided that 30 posts is not just '30 posts', but '30 constructive well thought out posts'.

I agree that is most likely a lot of the reason that people come and go without ever getting involved. I would love to see this place thrive, but if they don't have 30 constructive thoughts to contribute, then maybe they shouldn't be here cluttering up the boards with trash. Hopefully that doesn't seem very harsh, but that is one of the things that really appeals to me here. I don't like sorting junk out to find something worth reading.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Nov, 2005 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Much - Page 2

QUOTE (Bwren)
then maybe they shouldn't be here cluttering up the boards with trash. Hopefully that doesn't seem very harsh

Not trash at all, in fact our RPGs take a lot of thought too, so even if they were to somehow get by the 30 posts they would find it hard to express themselves through their character and there is nothing worst than having a well planned scenario ruined by a player who cannot come up with a better line for their character to say than, "Let's kill em'" everytime a move needs to be made.

29th Nov, 2005 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Much Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad)
Not trash at all, in fact our RPGs take a lot of thought too

My apologies JB, I didn't mean trash as being the RPG posts because I agree they might take even more thought process than some other topics. I was just referring to the quality of posts that we might get from someone after they had been here for a short time but long enough to get RPG status. Would they start slacking on the quality of their posts? That would be my main concern if they didn't have the 30 posts to do first.

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad)
"Let's kill em'" everytime a move needs to be made.
I wanted to pick their pocket. smile.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: 30 Posts Too Much?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,