U.E.F.A Champions League

U E F A Champions League - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 12th May, 2005 - 2:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Discuss  U E F A Champions League Europe's Premier Club Tournament - UEFA
5th Apr, 2005 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League

U.E.F.A Champions League

UEFA Champions League is now down to the final 8 teams. Today and tomorrow (April 5th and 6th) will be the first leg of Quarter Final matches. April 12th and 13th will be the second leg. Here is the draw:

Liverpool v Juventus
AC Milan v Inter Milan
Lyon v PSV
Chelsea v Bayern

These are 8 super-powers in European club football so the games should be very entertaining. I am itching to go home and watch the first game today which will be on ESPN2, but I am currently at work. My favorite club Juventus will be featured in that match. Are you following Champions League this year, and if so, what teams are you rooting for? Which team do you think will win the greatest European club distinction?

Image: U.E.F.A Champions League logo.

U.E.F.A Champions League
U.E.F.A Champions League (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
24th Apr, 2005 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

League Champions UEFA

My beloved Juve team could not get past Liverpool who now face Chelsea in an all-English UEFA Champions League semi-final matchup. The semi-finals begin April 26th and here are the matchups:

AC Milan vs PSV
Chelsea vs Liverpool

An English team is now guaranteed a spot in the finals. Chelsea and Liverpool will duke it out on April 27th, the first match taking place in Liverpool. A lot is at stake for these 2 teams, and I think Liverpool will end up victorious. We'll just have to wait and see.

5th May, 2005 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League Sports & Fashion Music Movies

QUOTE (malexander @ 24-Apr 05, 3:25 PM)
I think Liverpool will end up victorious.

Congratulation malexander!
I wanted to "put all my money" on Mourinho's Chelsea. I'm glad I haven't done that and I was really hoping for a miracle to happen ... and it did.
As for the final, my money is on Milan ... but we'll have to wait 'till 25 may.

Reconcile Edited: RaulDrake on 5th May, 2005 - 9:45pm

6th May, 2005 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

League Champions UEFA

Good man, Raul! I would root for any Italian club except for the hated AC Milan. I'm going to have to stick with Liverpool all the way. Milan is just lucky they didn't play Juventus earlier. wink.gif

10th May, 2005 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

League Champions UEFA

Being a Liverpool supporter I'm glad you are all on our side. I think we have a pretty good chance given AC Milan's recent form and their intense struggle to capture Serie A. Thanks Juve! Liverpool's pace and tempo is one think that can catch out the Italians, however if they want to sit back like they did against Chelsea I think it will backfire against a team of Milan's class. You can't allow Italian teams too much space, they are simply too creative in moving forward and will unhinge any defence. Schevchenko is a class above anyone in Chelsea and he will be a danger man. But just as important will be Nesta who Liverpool will struggle to penetrate.

It could be a low scoing match where one moment of brilliance or lunacy could decide the tie.

Can I also ask what everyone thought of Jose Mourinho's comments after Liverpool beat them, stating the best side lost. What a sore loser and a disgrace. Liverpool outplayed Chelsea over both legs and if you look at the side who had the better chances it was the Reds. Their tactics were to sit back and win ball and starve possession in their half, then release quick counters. Possession isn't everything in football. Benitez won the tactical battle and the tie.

10th May, 2005 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League

Arvhic, I agree with you in that Milan and Juve are definitely fighting tooth and nail over the Serie A title. In my opinion, this is keeping Milan on their toes, and I think they will transcend this into the Champions League game, which is the biggest game in European club soccer. I had not read about Mourinho's comments; remember I live in the US and soccer is not big news over here. Maybe you have a link to the story that you can share. Thanks for lending your perspectives!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th May, 2005 - 9:27am / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League

Hi Malexander,

I will see If I can find the comments for you. A good football website for news if you want to keep in touch is www.theworldgame.com.au.

Also planetfootball.com and soccernet.com are very good for European news.

https://Mourinho's comments UCL SF

Try that url it is a story with mourinho's comments, hopefully it will work for you mate.

What is your nationality mate, one of my dreams is to go to Brazil or Argentina and watch a huge game of football.

12th May, 2005 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Thanks for the link, arvhic! Reading his comments, it sounds like he is only trying to justify the loss, but it would seem that based on what he said, Chelsea and Liverpool are more evenly matched, than one team being better than the other.

Offtopic but,
I was born in the US but my family are of East Indian descent. They then migrated to the West Indies, and subsequently I grew up in Trinidad, where I learned about football, and played it. I too would love to go to South America or Europe and watch a big game like Argentina-Brazil or Italy-England.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: U.E.F.A Champions League

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,