U.E.F.A Champions League - Page 2 of 4

I am a passionate Liverpool fan and watching - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 4th Jun, 2005 - 8:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Discuss  U E F A Champions League Europe's Premier Club Tournament - UEFA
28th May, 2005 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League - Page 2

Liverpool - Winners of UEFA Champions League

Oh, man! What a match ... even though I could bet that Milan will win, I was so happy for the Liverpool fans. Let me tell you why: this was sad by a guy who was in the stadium, watching the game in the middle of the English fans. It was the end of the first half ... 3-0 for Milan ... the Liverpool fans were sad, speechless ... the players are leaving the field ... like one, the fans start to sing ... "You'll never walk alone". It's half time ... the fans are saying "we must believe, we have to believe" ... and most of them really believe ... they start to shout "attack, attack, attack" as the players come out for the second half... in 9 incredible minutes it's 3-3 ... the Liverpool fans are like a 35.000 members Beatles band.

What can you learn after such a match? Quality football without money is an illusion ... but also an illusion is to expect something without passion, without enthusiasm, without abnegation.

Congratulation Liverpool!

Sponsored Links:
28th May, 2005 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

League Champions UEFA

Yes, I agree, one of the better matches in Champions League history. I couldn't believe when Liverpool made that miraculous comeback. Then Shevchenko had that chance to win the game at the end of overtime and he blew it. Nothing went Milan's way after the first half. I still think the Liverpool goalie (Dudek) was jumping off his line prematurely, and thus cutting of the angle, but if the refs didn't call it, then what can we do. I am a Juventus fan anyway, so I preferred seeing Liverpool win vs Milan. Now the controversy is whether Liverpool will be able to defend their crown, since they only finished 5th in the Premiership, and thus are ineligible for next year's Champions League.

28th May, 2005 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League Sports & Fashion Music Movies

My opinion is that they should be allowed to defend their title. I heard that the champion of Wales offered to give up their place for Liverpool (if they come to play a friendly match). Still I think UEFA should find a way to let them play in next years C.L.

29th May, 2005 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Page 2 League Champions UEFA

Why should UEFA make an exception for Liverpool? They haven't made exceptions for others in the past; what makes Liverpool that special? Unless UEFA decides they are going to change the rules, then leave it be, and Liverpool will need to qualify in the future, no exceptions.

29th May, 2005 - 7:39am / Post ID: #

League Champions UEFA

I'm not saying that Liverpool is somehow special, I just wanted to say that a champion (even if we talk about other competition or other sports) should be allowed to defend their title. I agree that making exceptions is not quite a good thing and in this particular case I think changing the rules would be in the benefit on the game.

30th May, 2005 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League

It seems Liverpool may yet get their wish!

From EPSNSoccernet.com

Lennart boosts Liverpool hopes

Liverpool's hopes of being allowed to defend their Champions League title next season have received a major boost from UEFA president Lennart Johansson.
Europe's ruling body are set to discuss the situation at a meeting in Manchester on June 17 but Johansson expects the matter to be resolved in the Reds' favour.

'The winner should have a chance to defend the title,' he told The Sunday Times.

'We must sit down as a matter of real urgency to see if there is a way to make it happen.

https://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=334534&cc=5901

Personally, I don't have a problem with this. I am not familiar with recent results in Champions League, but I am guessing this scenario hasn't played out recently where the winner hadn't qualified for the next tournament. If not, then I wonder why this hadn't been addressed before, and I would question why UEFA is suddenly second guessing the rules after Liverpool questions it. Otherwise, the rule change would make sense; a winner should be allowed to defend their title.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th May, 2005 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League - Page 2

There was a similar case a few years ago ... last time Real Madrid won the Champions League, they were 5th in their championship (just like Liverpool this year). The difference is that the spanish federation sent Real in the C.L. qualifiers instead of the team that finished 4th.

4th Jun, 2005 - 8:29am / Post ID: #

U.E.F.A Champions League Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

I am a passionate Liverpool fan and watching the CL final was one of the greatest moments in my life.

However despite my best wishes I don't think it would be fair of UEFA to deprive another team who qualified for the CL with merit so that Liverpool can defend their title. The rules should be changed so champions can defend their crown. If UEFA can invent another spot so Liverpool can defend the title then that would be awesome, but rules must be changed before a competition starts, not during or after.

What Spain's FA did with Real Madrid was extremely political, but very unfair and costly to the team that they replaced who had qualified by right.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: U.E.F.A Champions League

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,