The Dice Master says... Frequently Asked QuestionsQ. Do I need GMaster Status to start an Role-playing Game here?
A. No, GMaster status is not necessary, however before you can start Threads you do need to ensure there are Players willing to be in it
. Please read on.Q. How do I start?The first thing you need to do is: START a new Thread in the [+] Board, Card, & Role-playing Game Reviews detailing your proposed Role-playing Game. You must have interest FIRST before you will be allowed to start an Role-playing Game. Interest in this case is defined by active Players stating in your Review Thread that they will actively play in your Role-playing Game. You need a minimum of TWO active Players before you can start your Role-playing Game Threads - no exceptions.The Thread's title
should be as an example: "JB
's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Campaign Review". In it you put the details of your campaign such as system type, starting level, number of players, schedule of play, what the campaign or scenario will be about, etc. Here is an example of a Review Thread: See Here
.Q. So, when will I need GMaster status?
A. If you have a large Role-playing Game and several players and need things like the ability to Upload images within Posts
and lock Threads. GMasters or those with GM status are allowed to Upload images in their Posts. All Game Masters already have a Maps section where they can Upload Images.Q. As a GM will I be able to use images for my Role-playing Game ?
A. As a regular GM you use the Maps section, but if you have GMaster status, you can also Upload images within your Posts as well, but there are some limitations that you must be aware of, continue reading. As a general rule images and image code are not allowed in Posts by Regular Members because we have suffered in the past with:
1. Abuse: posting to someone's work, using image to advertise, etc.
2. Images stored on free host become broken and make for ugly captions
3. Your posts here are shown on many other Role-playing Game sites so large sized images (Width, height, KBs) cause a lot of problems.
Members with GM status (Given by the Architect) are allowed to use images in their Post but it CAN be taken away if there is abuse or you discontinue following the requirements mentioned below:
Q. How do I get GMaster status?
A. First, GMaster status is ONLY if you need EXTRA features. You do NOT need this to be a Game Master in the Community.
Therefore you can SKIP this step and on to the next section.
If you still choose to go after GMStatus then you need the following first:
1. Have a structured plan for your current Role-playing Game (Rules, policies, etc)
2. Have a dedicated following of Players (This is observed over time)
3. You must be active (75% or more is considered average)
4. You must have at least 30 Core Posts.
5. You must show consistency. Your current game or attending to Players should be a daily event. Nothing worst that seeing Players more active than the person running the game.
6. You need to start a Review Thread in the [+] Board, Card, & Role-playing Game Reviews
detailing your proposed Role-playing Game. Only until you have enough confirmed support posted within in your Review Thread will you be allowed to start Threads in the Member Wars Board.
Q. So then how do I use the images?
A. Well first it will need to be deciphered what you need images for. Are you using authorized royalty free images? Will you be Uploading many images or just occasionally? Based on those answers the Architect can give you GM status and may ask you to either:
1. Use the Upload Field after pressing the "Add Reply" Button in the Thread where you want the image to appear. Of course you will have to Post content with the image or it will not be accepted.
2. You send the Architect a folder of all images you want to use and he gives you the necessary link to use them in your Posts as needed.
3. You can Upload images as necessary such as showing a map of a current game. It should not be used to Upload unrelated images not part of your game.
This will be worked on a case by case basis.Where Can I get more info about creating my own Role-playing Game ?
A. You are in the right Thread. We have Thread with some additional tips here: Start Your Own Story / Own Role-playing Game