Boy Scouts of America - Page 3 of 7

Kentucky church is dropping its scouting program - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 28th May, 2013 - 12:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
BSA Quotes
Scouting
Post Date: 23rd May, 2013 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Boy Scouts of America - Page 3

Gay Boy Scouts Allowed

The Boy Scouts of America will allow openly gay youths to join, following a vote at the organization's annual meeting in Texas.

The Boy Scouts will maintain a ban on openly gay adult leaders. Ref. CNN

Sponsored Links:
25th May, 2013 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

America Scouts Boy

So when that teenager becomes 18 and his/her mates go off to rovers, he/she has to give up Scouts because he/she is gay! That's not fair!

As a new reply, I was in Venturers and it was the best confidence booster for me. I was a very shy kid and it did wonders.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please edit your Post rather than double Post or collect all your thoughts together first before Posting. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 25th May, 2013 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts of America Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Boy Scouts are likely to face further turmoil over recent decision

The Boy Scouts of America will get no reprieve from controversy after contentious vote to accept openly gay boys. Ref. Source 6

25th May, 2013 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 America Scouts Boy

I don't get what's the big deal about this. LET THE PEOPLE BE. The issue is so ridiculous. The BSA isn't a religious organization therefore they shouldn't have to discriminate anyone based on either race or sexual orientation.

25th May, 2013 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

America Scouts Boy

Cheeky, I disagree with you, I don't think people can just be what they want to be, they might make an action that will affect society and disturb people and I am sure most of them will stay away from these type of people.

In my view on homosexual people, I have no problem when they say "I am gay" Or "I am homosexual" That's fine for me, but what annoys me (no offense to anybody who disagrees with me) is that some gay people try to act feminine and doing girly actions and it usually ends up strange for some people.

25th May, 2013 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts of America

international QUOTE
The BSA isn't a religious organization...

Not of themselves but they use religion as a foundation in their affairs, in fact that is why religious organizations tend to lend favor towards the Boy Scouts of America, they teach about God, etc.

Also, like any other organization they are allowed to setup the rules / policies of conduct that they deem appropriate. A personal sexual orientation is something private as far as I'm concerned I don't know why it even has to come up in any scout meeting.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th May, 2013 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts America - Page 3

They believe in respecting the religious views that each boy scout belongs to. You are probably referring to the chartered organizations that basically follow the basic guidelines of safety from the BSA but then adapt their teachings to fit their moral views. But the BSA as a whole is not a religious entity and try to force such organization to match this moral compass is unfair.

Post Date: 28th May, 2013 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts America Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Kentucky church is dropping its scouting program

Mega-church's action linked in part to Scouting's decision to allow openly gay youths in troops. Ref. Source 5

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Boy Scouts of America

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,