Boy Scouts of America - Page 4 of 7

California's ban of Scout-affiliated - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Feb, 2015 - 1:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
BSA Quotes
Scouting
Post Date: 30th May, 2013 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts of America
A Friend

Boy Scouts of America - Page 4

I do not see what all the fuss is about. So what if a boy is gay and that he is now able to get into the boy scouts. I know there were gay boys in the boy scouts when I was in the boy scouts. Did that effect everyone back then? Not that I knew about. So how is it any different today? So the boys can now say hey I am gay. Big deal. The fact that we are talking so much about it means that gay rights will soon be as common place as women voting. As soon as we started to talk about it openly means that a change is coming. Whether you agree with that change or not it is going to happen. THis change will allow boys to be more open about who they are so they no longer have to hide the fact they are gay. I think this is good as it will take more stress off these kids.

Sponsored Links:
1st Jun, 2013 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

America Scouts Boy

However, now they're out and proud, once they turn eighteen, they will have to drop out of the scouting association. This is a big deal. I agree that I think when I was younger, there were probably gay people in my group, but because no one asked, it wasn't an issue. If any of these gay kids want to continue onto become leaders or go into rovers, they won't be allowed to because they've already come out. That, to me is unfair.

Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2013 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts of America
A Friend

Boy Scouts of America Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

There are many many kids that once they turn 18 and graduate from school drop out of the boy scouts program. There is not many positions open for new leaders after these kids reach 18. Most leaders of the boy scout programs are dads or mothers with kids in boy scouts or kids that recently were in boy scouts. I do not recall any leaders who were younger than 25 in the scouting program. I know it is unfair to keep leaders who are outspoken homosexuals from being leaders but I can see the reason for it too.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2013 - 6:48am / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts of America
A Friend

Page 4 America Scouts Boy

I was in the scouts too, from Tiger Cubs all the way up to Boy Scouts and Order of the Arrow. In my time I knew of a few of the other boys being gay. I'd never heard any stories of a gay kid coming on to any of the others, we were there to camp and hike and have fun being boys.

In my opinion, it's fine that there are gay kids in Scouts. Why do people feel the need to try to ostracize kids in an organization that is based on tenants that include that a scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, and Brave. It almost makes me not want my son or daughters to join either Boy or Girl Scouts if they'd be put up to scrutiny of their gender identity.

Post Date: 29th Dec, 2013 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

America Scouts Boy

Boy Scouts to accept gays

The Boy Scouts of America will accept openly gay youths starting on New Year's Day, a historic change that has prompted the BSA to ponder a host of potential complications - ranging from policies on tentmates and showers to whether Scouts can march in gay pride parades. Ref. Source 8

18th Jan, 2015 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts of America

I was reading a report about the declining membership among the Boy Scouts of America. Hardly any surprise considering the issues they've been facing over the years. The Boy Scouts of America has become too political and lost focus on simply teaching the boys how to camp, tie knots and do first aid.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2015 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts America - Page 4

California's Supreme Court bars judges from Boy Scouts memberships

California's Supreme Court voted to prohibit state judges from belonging to Boy Scouts. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2015 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

Boy Scouts America Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 4

California's ban of Scout-affiliated judges flies in the face of religious freedoms

California's decision to prohibit judges from belonging to Boy Scouts comes close to religious disqualification. Ref. Source 3

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Boy Scouts of America

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,