Why Text Based Role-Playing Games? - Page 5 of 5

I like the system of play here because I can - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2015 - 4:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 
What is your argument / position about Text Role-Playing Games?
29th Nov, 2009 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Why Text Based Role-Playing Games? - Page 5

I have some family and friends I'm able to play tabletop RPGs with some, which I really enjoy, and it has really helped me "come out of my shell", to become more social and able to interact a little more easily with other people, including strangers to some extent, or at least use the acting skills I develop in game to apply to the real world and present a somewhat sociable front.

But I don't get to play a whole lot, regularly, maybe once or twice a month or two, so I have had to turn to the internet. I've tried chat based RPGs (which don't seem to use actual rules or game mechanics, and are all godmoding powergamer fantasy DBZ or erotic roleplay stuff), plus it's near impossible to time-coordinate with peope online for realtime/live chat sessions, so forum RPGs/play-by-post, to me, are the answer, and I've played in a few PbP's with real game mechanics (like Call of Cthulhu) and ran a few myself using different rulesets but have settled on a favorite rules-lite compilation of mine and people have enjoyed it.

The game I'm involved in here uses a Party Leader thread, which is new to me and takes some getting used to. I usually have about four threads when I run a game, one single one for both the gameplay, which includes both player and GM posts, one for character creation and characters, one for Out of Character, and one for Questions and Answers, so this current style with GM posts in one, Party Leader posts in another and Inter-Party is new to me, but I can see the reasoning, and might try it the next time I run a game.

Sponsored Links:
29th Nov, 2009 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing Based Text Why

Jpatt, maybe you should try starting your AD&D version on the Member Wars Board as all of those Text RPGs can run simultaneously and gives new players a chance to get involved rather than wait for the characters to return to the Town.

29th Nov, 2009 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Why Text Based Role-Playing Games? Reviews RPG & Card Board

If I ran something I'd prefer to use a different game mechanic/system. But I'm not sure I quite grasp your meaning anyway, you mean so people can play in multiple games at the same time, posting in each one when the others get slow?

29th Nov, 2009 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Games Role-Playing Based Text Why

To stay on Topic I answered in your Intro Thread, however yes, multiple RPGs can be played here, that is the beauty of Text RPGs, you write in one character here where you may be a fighter, then you go to the Science Fiction Future Earth Board and write as a pilot, then you go to your own RPG Bio Thread in Member Wars where you update your solo Story about you adventures as a Wizard and so forth. The idea of Text RPGs is to bring true writers out and separate the wannabes from those that love having every control over the portrait of their character(s). One of the most colorful examples of this is the Love & Life Bytes Board where Members actually compete to be the best writers through creative 'acting'.

25th Jan, 2015 - 11:14am / Post ID: #

Games Role-Playing Based Text Why

I like text games simply because it keeps my thinking cap on. Graphic games are cool but it takes away the thinking and you're mostly left with just fighting. Even so I think this kind of text Role-playing Game is dying because no one wants to think anymore. I started this thread if anyone is interested: Are Play By Post Or Text Role-Playing Games Dying?.

22nd Mar, 2015 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Why Text Based Role-Playing Games?

I like the system of play here because I can go and come as I need to and yet because I know its being run by a human and not a program I can expect something different each time. I've not tried the live or network games yet but this one suits me fine.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Why Text Based Role-Playing Games?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,