United Airlines - Page 3 of 6

Does not matter what happens now as the airline - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd May, 2017 - 5:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

Airline Reviewed
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

United Airlines
A Friend

United Airlines - Page 3

KN,

I agree with you but the airline will never do this. Why? Because it's a business and they don't want to upset their most loyal customers. That said, they just did upset many of their most loyal customers… and many others to boot. Had this worked the way it was supposed to this man would have never boarded and this wouldn't be news… although it would be just as wrong. I say wrong because they bumped these four off so some of their staff could fly. And could be there for a plane the next day… the next day. That is simply wrong to me. They should have found another plane for their staff, even if it was inconvenient for them. You don't bump paying customers for the convenience of your staff or your business… or you won't have a business very long.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Airlines United

United Air removes bride and groom traveling to wedding from plane

A bride and groom headed to Costa Rica for their wedding got kicked off their United flight out of Houston on Saturday afternoon. Ref. Source 3l.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

United Airlines
A Friend

United Airlines Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Sounds like they will be late for their own wedding. I am sure they were compensated nicely and would be able to catch the next flight.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2017 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Airlines United

United announces new protections -- including raising limit on payment to bumped fliers to $10,000 -- in wake of passenger-dragging incident

United Airlines is pledging a sweeping series of changes that it says will give passengers new protections, including allowing employees to offer up $10,000 to try to entice overbooked passengers to take different flights. The policies are meant to prevent episodes like the one that occurred on April 9 at Chicago's O'Hare Airport in which a passenger was violently removed from his seat. "That breach of public trust is something we have to rework," United CEO Oscar Munoz said in an interview with USA TODAY. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2017 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

United Airlines
A Friend

Airlines United

All of this is great after the fact. But, when this happened United and the CEO doubled down, then offered excuses, then offered a half-hearted apology riddled with excuses and accusations. Had they just done the right thing to begin with they'd be in a much better place right now. I guess it's human nature to make excuses though.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

United Airlines

United CEO testifies at hearing after passenger-dragging incident

The CEO of United Airlines, Oscar Munoz, will testify before the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee during a hearing Tuesday, less than a month after a shocking video of a passenger being dragged off a flight left United embroiled in controversy. Ref. USAToday.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

United Airlines
A Friend

United Airlines - Page 3

Had they come out right at the get go with a real apology and a statement saying they would start an investigation into this they would be so much better off. Instead they come out with a half baked apology and still tried to blame the man they dragged off the plane. Then the mostly retracted it, then they apologized a bit stronger, and then they took responsibility and apologized. They should have led off with what they ended up doing at the end anyway.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2017 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

United Airlines
A Friend

United Airlines Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Does not matter what happens now as the airline industry will go through some more changes as passengers are getting more and more unruly. Many people have no respect for authority now and it is showing up in many ways. I think something needs to be done to teach people respect towards those who placed in a position higher than you for you own safety.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: United Airlines

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,