Ultimate Fighting Championship - UFC - Page 2 of 3

JACKSON KOS LIDDELL IN LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT STUNNER - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 27th May, 2007 - 8:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
This is as bare hands as you can get. It started out with Royce Gracie and moved through various name. What do you think about the UFC?
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2006 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Ultimate Fighting Championship - UFC
A Friend

Ultimate Fighting Championship - UFC - Page 2

I have a new favorite fighter. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell.

I recently saw a tribute to him showing his three championship fights, he is truly something special. While he occasionally comes out and wins it fast, he usually bids his time till he can strike with a choke hold. I find it odd that he finishes with a choke hold KO since he is categorized as a pit fighter.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2006 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

UFC Championship Fighting Ultimate

You are talking my favorite sport right here. The reason there is more stand up fighters winning is because of the rules being added. When Gracie was dominate there were only three rules. no eye gouging, no biting and no weapons laugh.gif. My favorite is Randy (the Natural) Coutore even though Chuck (Iceman) Lidell beat him 2 out of 3 fights. Coutoure is 49 years old that is awsome.

13th Apr, 2006 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Ultimate Fighting Championship - UFC Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I never thought I would comment on this topic but just yesterday I wrote a story about an Australia mixed martial arts fighter who is on the verge of joining the UFC. his name is Anthony Perosh, he fights in the light heavyweight class and if he wins his next fight against a Canadian UFC opponent he could be invited to join the UFC.

This guy is a Brazillian jiu-jitsu champion so obviously he is a ground fighter. He fights Canadian Bill Mahood in July. If he enters the UFC he would become only the third Aussie to do so.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 13th Apr, 2006 - 11:18pm

24th Jul, 2006 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

Page 2 UFC Championship Fighting Ultimate

I love UFC. I am glad there are people willing to do that. It's very gladiator. Gracie was my favorite, because it showed no matter how big and bad you are, there is always someone who will kick your butt (or put you in submission holds that will make the biggest guy scream for his mommy). biggrin.gif

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2006 - 9:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

UFC Championship Fighting Ultimate

UFC 61

I watched only to see the rematch between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock. The fight was a total wash! The ref called the match in under a minute. He said Shamrock was out by TKO. Even Ortiz was surprised at the call. I cannot believe they called it so quick. I was very disappointed.

UFC 62 is going to feature by personal favorite, Chuck Liddel, fighting Renato Sabol, defending his title once again. I expect the Iceman to come through again with his belt.

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2006 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Regarding the institution of rules, it is important to consider that at least eighty poercent of the UFC's current audiance would have never seen a fight otherwise. It, and it's fellow organizations, would never have achieved the success they have in the states without them. But, not only must we consider that no venue wants to host an event in which people leave in ambulances, who whould we have to root for? Even the best fighters will lose their careers, or their lives, after a straight shot to the trachea. When a 200 lb. athlete kicks a supine man in the head a couple times, the result is brain damage, period.

I think most of us agree that we relish in the moderate brutality that walks the line between survival of the fittest and sportsmanlike competition. Besides, a fighter who retains his eyesight is able to watch the replay of his defeat over and again. and isn't that painful enough?

And for anyone who is interested in seeing into the life of a MMA fighter back in the days when there were fewer rules, watch The Smashing MAchine. Awesome documentary that really gives a genuine feel for how these guys live.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Apr, 2007 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Ultimate Fighting Championship UFC - Page 2

I loved Gracie and the fight to you drop style of the old days in UFC. For me it was yes you were the toughest as you went bouts back to back and no weight class after all this was the Ultimate fighter not a momma boy who cried Jeff beat me up but only because he was 2 ft taller and 100 lbs heavier. It was to see are you the best fighter period.

Now having said that money is money and the best money is in tv broadcasting, along with better sponsors and public approval. So how best to ensure a longer fight life of the participants and not having the audience gagging at the site of fling body parts... better rules of conduct. I still watch and find the fights more entertaining now as their is more punches and kicks thrown thus more action. My two boys watch with me but they realize these guys are trained professionals not just punks off the street.

As for street fighters I think that is a martial art styling on its own. Even my sons Sensa respects them for their abilities and he is a well versed martial artist in 5 diciplines. As he said to my son a good street fighter is very disciplined and just developed his own fighting style and can not be underestimated.

If you doubt this think of Bruce Lee who broke all traditions in his training my simplifying his moves to create his own style that rocked the world!

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 26th Apr, 2007 - 7:35pm

Post Date: 27th May, 2007 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ultimate Fighting Championship UFC Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

JACKSON KOS LIDDELL IN LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT STUNNER

Quinton Jackson upset Chuck Liddell to win the UFC light-heavyweight title Saturday night at UFC 71, dethroning the champion with a hard right to the chin in the first round.
Ref. https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more...l.ap/index.html

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ultimate Fighting Championship - UFC

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,