Alzheimer's Disease - Page 7 of 8

Antibody removes Alzheimer's plaques, - Page 7 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Mar, 2018 - 4:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 
Alzheimer
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2017 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease
A Friend

Alzheimer's Disease - Page 7

We'll, that was fascinating. I didn't realize Alzheimer's patients lost their sense of smell. I truly doubt it enters in that way, especially since it seems to be predominantly based on age rather than outside factors. That said, any way to diagnose it early to try and slow or arrest its progression is good.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2017 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease
A Friend

Disease Alzheimers

Oh I am in trouble now since I can not smell or taste. Does this mean I have more of a risk for this disease?

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2017 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease
A Friend

Alzheimer's Disease Health & Special Psychology

I believe the answer to that is no. But what it does mean is medicine won't be able to diagnose you as early as others due to you not being able to report one of the earliest symptoms.

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2017 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease
A Friend

Page 7 Disease Alzheimers

Well I am one that reacts very harshly to TB tests, I can not smell or taste and I have to wear glasses. Basically I am falling apart. I would not be surprised if I do have a increased risk of this disease.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2017 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease
A Friend

Disease Alzheimers

KN,

I hope you are wrong and the report here doesn't indicate that the loss increases your risk. Fingers crossed you don't fall apart.

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 11:02am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Alzheimer's Disease

Diabetes drug 'significantly reverses memory loss' in mice with Alzheimer's. A drug developed for diabetes could be used to treat Alzheimer's after scientists found it 'significantly reversed memory loss' in mice through a triple method of action. This is the first time that a triple receptor drug has been used which acts in multiple ways to protect the brain from degeneration. It combines three growth factors. Problems with growth factor signalling have been shown to be impaired in the brains of Alzheimer's patients. Source 3g.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2018 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease - Page 7

Anxiety: An early indicator of Alzheimer's disease? A new study suggests an association between elevated amyloid beta levels and the worsening of anxiety symptoms. The findings support the hypothesis that neuropsychiatric symptoms could represent the early manifestation of Alzheimer's disease in older adults. Source 7b.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2018 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease Psychology Special & Health - Page 7

Antibody removes Alzheimer's plaques, in mice. Plaques of a brain protein called amyloid beta are a characteristic sign of Alzheimer's disease. But nestled within the plaques are small amounts of another Alzheimer's protein: APOE. Now, researchers have shown that an antibody not only targets APOE for removal but sweeps away plaques in mice. The findings could lead to a way to halt the brain damage triggered by amyloid plaques while the disease is still in its early stages, perhaps before symptoms appear. Source 7c.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Alzheimer's Disease

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,