Alzheimer's Disease - Page 2 of 8

Blood drug offers dementia hope Researchers - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 13th Jan, 2010 - 1:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
Alzheimer
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2007 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Alzheimer's Disease - Page 2

BLOOD TEST PREDICTS ONSET OF ALZHEIMER'S

A blood test has been developed that can reveal Alzheimer's two to six years before its onset, say researchers at Stanford University.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/health/national/20...alzheimers.html

Sponsored Links:
18th Aug, 2008 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Disease Alzheimers

I have a bad sense of smell for last 15 years yikes! My Aunt (not by blood) is suffering through it presently and is now taking experimental drugs from the States. Some have been able to recover slightly and it also stops the disease from getting worse. She is getting bad in that she has lost much of her memory and can more or less only recall people real close to her.

My son cried last time we came back from a visit as he realized she is dieing and we talked long and hard on the disease. He finished the topic buy saying well I am just going to visit and take her and Thunder her dog for long walks buy the river and pretend we just found it for the first time. I can explore all like we did then she will think it really is the first time. He loves her deeply but we live far apart. My died got pretty teary eyed as at every meal my son asks for her to be cured.

Our friend just pulled through cancer and he did the same for her...I hope it is Gods will or at least for her death to be the means of advancing the cure. To all with a loved one who is inflicted know we care. The Magsleys

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2009 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease Health & Special Psychology

Painkiller 'no Alzheimer's block'

Researchers have found long-term use of painkillers such as ibuprofen cannot prevent Alzheimer's disease. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2009 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease
A Friend

Page 2 Disease Alzheimers

With this study using patients who are 75 or older in their study I am not sure that the use of pain killers would stop the onset or delay the onset of Alzheimers disease. I believe that many of them probably were already in the early stages of the disease and the study does not say if they were tested for it or not. I think the age of the patients has a lot to do with the study and the many variables that were not tested could make this latest study not worth listening to.

24th Apr, 2009 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Disease Alzheimers

Yes age and stag of the disease would be good things to have taken into consideration. Only reason they would not is to see if the results would with stand those variables so they might have considered then then decided to keep them as uncontrolled issues.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2009 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease

Rogue protein 'spreads in brain'

Scientists have shown a rogue protein thought to cause Alzheimer's can spread through the brain, turning healthy tissue bad. Ref. Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Aug, 2009 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease - Page 2

Throughout my teenage years and into my early twenties I took care of my grandmother who suffered from Alzheimer's Disease. The full effects of the disease are hard to explain to people. Many people think the disease simply makes you forget things but you have to think about just how bad that can get. On top of memory loss the disease often kills the patient through organ failure. My grandmother lived with Alzheimers and suffered until she was practically brain dead. She could only say a word or two and it was always something random. She couldn't walk towards the time of her death, she couldn't feed herself or use the bathroom on her own. Family members caring for Alzheimers patients have to constantly keep an eye on the person to make sure they don't do something harmful such as turning on water faucets and forgetting, walking out of the house and getting lost, throwing away their false teeth or money, or other very strange things. When people would come to the house they would be baffled by the things my grandmother would do, I would then have to explain to them the effects of Alzheimers.

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2010 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Alzheimer's Disease Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Blood drug offers dementia hope

Researchers believe a drug used to lower blood pressure may be more effective against Alzheimer's disease than was thought. Ref. Source 5

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Alzheimer's Disease

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,