Dementia In The Elderly - Page 2 of 3

'I really hope she dies soon' - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th May, 2015 - 6:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2007 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Dementia In The Elderly
A Friend

Dementia In The Elderly - Page 2

LDS. Whatever happened to your grandma? I assume you have returned to T&T now.

Also, I'm wondering about hospice care. In the United States, the government pays for the care when the families are unable. (There is a lucrative law practice in HELPING families arrange their affairs to get this free government aid - which I am opposed to.) Doesn't Argentina have something similar?

Rather off topic, but...
Hey, Persephone. That news bot is not properly citing to quoted text.

Sponsored Links:
20th Sep, 2007 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Elderly The Dementia

LDS,
There is not much one can do with stubborn family members!

My father is 82, is diabetic (under control) and has senile dimentia. He forgets short term events but keeps repeating things from when he was a teeneger and older. He doesn't remember where he put his hat 30 minutes ago but knows the license plate of his car from 30 years ago! He goes in and out of that state and as long as diabetes is under control, then the dementia will subside accordingly.

He was given the drug Aricept and it seemd to help! He is in a nursing home and that helps because he almost burned down his house a few times and luckily someone was there to check on him. One one occasion, he put one some rice and beans and went outside walking and luckily I dropped by and went inside the house to see and smell a pot on the stove with the water boiled out and the rice and beans almost black and sticking to the pot!

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2008 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Dementia In The Elderly Health & Special Psychology

Light therapy 'can slow dementia'

Dementia could be slowed significantly by treatments which reset the body's natural clock, research suggests.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7445606.stm

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2009 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Elderly The Dementia

Money problems 'signal dementia'

US researchers say a decline in financial skills is detectable in patients the year before they develop Alzheimer's. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2009 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Dementia In The Elderly
A Friend

Elderly The Dementia

I know a lot of people who can not manage their finances very well but I do not think that is leading them to dementia. I am not sure I would trust this as a way to tell this is happening.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2013 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

Dementia In The Elderly

Estimate: 135 million worldwide with dementia by 2050

New estimates suggest that dementia is going to be an even bigger global problem than previously thought. Ref. Source 8

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Sep, 2014 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

Dementia The Elderly - Page 2

This is a sweet video that shows how dementia can affect the elderly but when they do remember you it is special:

Post Date: 20th May, 2015 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Dementia The Elderly Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

'I really hope she dies soon'

WHEN Sydney man Jake Heath posted a series of heart-wrenching photos documenting his mother's health decline to Reddit, he had no idea what he was setting off. Ref. Source 3z

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Dementia In The Elderly

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,