Bird Flu - Page 2 of 6

CRISIS MEETING AS BIRD FLU SPREADS Germany - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Feb, 2006 - 11:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: If there are reported cases of Bird Flu in your country, would you still eat chicken?
  Yes       37.50%
  No       62.50%
Total Votes: 8
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A decade in waiting
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2005 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Bird Flu - Page 2

SCIENTISTS FIND VACCINATED CHICKENS DON'T SPREAD AVIAN FLU

Vaccinating chickens against a strain of avian flu appears to prevent the spread of the virus between birds.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2..._flu051128.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2005 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Bird Flu
A Friend

Flu Bird

QUOTE (News @ 21-Oct 05, 3:55 PM)
BIRD FLU: PLAN FOR THE WORST

A bird flu pandemic could strike 1.6 million New Zealanders, killing 33,000 and decimating the country's workforce.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3450453a10~,00.html

Hello there, I would just like to add my veiws about thjis bird flu . I think it is all a load of rubish and maybe just another scam to try and scare people. Myself I am a vegetarian, but I beleive that to secure yourself you should refrain from eating in fast food joints, and if you do buy chicken or any type of meats, make sure it is well seassoned before preparing it . But the most important thing to remember is to make sure you cook it for long enough.

2nd Dec, 2005 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Bird Flu Health & Special Psychology

QUOTE (nine92005)
I think it is all a load of rubish and maybe just another scam to try and scare people.

It is easy to simply make a statement, but what grounds do you have to make it? Also, simply seasoning meat or cooking it well does not necessarily avoid diseases that may be within the meat since many bacteria and enemies to the body can withstand high heat.

2nd Dec, 2005 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Flu Bird

As long as you eat meat, you are exposed to bacteria no matter how well you cook it, I do not think people realize how dangerous it is to consume meats and yes most of us are meat lovers yet everytime we eat it we are putting our bodies in risk of all sort of infections and diceases, the bird flu being just one of them.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2005 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Flu Bird

CHINA TRIES TO INOCULATE 14.2 BILLION BIRDS

Five men on battered motorcycles pulled up at this roadside village from a nearby town and summoned the local headman.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2005 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Bird Flu

BIRD FLU SHOWS RESISTANCE TO TAMIFLU

In a development health experts are calling alarming, two bird flu patients in Vietnam died after developing resistance to Tamiflu, the key drug that governments are stockpiling in case of a large-scale outbreak.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/12/21/birdf...u.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Dec, 2005 - 9:11am / Post ID: #

Bird Flu - Page 2

I don't think the problem with bird flu is the risk you get of infection from birds. In Asian countries where safety standards and screening practices are poor it has infected humans. But this is quite rare and unlikely, even if you work with poultry. And if it can only be transmitted this way it can be managed.

What scientists fear is if the deadly avian influenza mutates into a form that can easily transmit from human to human. Then it can take on pandemic proportions.

There is are two antivirals that can be used to treat avian flu, tamiflu and relenza, but just recently it was revealed that tamiflu may not be as effective as first thought.

And people in western countries have been in a frenzy to stockpile this drug which means the supply will never be able to cope with demand in the event it does become a pandemic.

One of the major side effects of all pandemics is the damage it inflicts on the economy and to the medical system. If the avian flu does take hold it will also increase the risk of people dying from other curable diseases simply because the medical system will not be able to cope with the load.

There is an excellent website with information on the avian flu.

Avian Flu FAQs

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2006 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Bird Flu Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

CRISIS MEETING AS BIRD FLU SPREADS

Germany has become the fourth European Union nation to detect the deadly strain of avian flu in wild birds, with health experts from the nation
preparing for a crisis meeting in a bid to halt the global spread.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/...wrap/index.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Bird Flu

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,