India Politics

India Politics - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th May, 2009 - 11:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
India Politics Related Information to India Politics
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2005 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

India Politics

India's poverty feeds modern-day slave traffic

Reuters - Joloy Sori Mallik doesn't question her 16-year-old daughter too closely about the time she was drugged and kidnapped by strangers near her north Indian village
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._trafficking_dc

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2005 - 8:09am / Post ID: #

India Politics
A Friend

Politics India

What a tragic thing this is. Condeleeza Rice calls it modern slavery and I tend to agree. I believe that this happens frequently in countries that are poor and have a high poverty level. Unfortunately, this has been happening in the states too, foreigners being trafficked over as sex slaves. I think that anywhere that the basic human rights of people are being violated, it is the job of the rest of the world to step forward and stand up for the innocent. India should be ashamed that it hasn't done more to combat this. There culture does not allow for prostitution and they are seemingly turning and blind eye to what is really going on.

2nd Aug, 2005 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

India Politics History & Civil Business Politics

While I agree that poverty leads to people smuggling I don't think you can level all the blame at India for this.

In the scheme of India's problems this is very low on the pecking order. They are not turning a blind eye to this. They are either too poor or don't have the resources to deal with this problem. Visit India and you will understand just how difficult it is to address social problems.

I'm not in any way condoning it, I just think it's a problem that is the result of poverty and desperation. It happens all over Asia and many other parts of the world. The only solution is to combat poverty and give people an opportunity to break out of that vicious cycle. This is a sad reality for poverty stricken populations.

It is a problem rich nations and poor nations must work hand in hand to solve. It is not India's shame, but the shame of humanity to allow people to live in such atrocious conditions.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2008 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Politics India

India minister 'quits' over raids

India's home minister submits his resignation, taking "moral responsibility" for the Mumbai attacks in which nearly 200 died.
Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2009 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Politics India

For more information related to India Politics and Government see HERE

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2009 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

India Politics

Gandhi detained under tough law

A grandson of the ex-India PM Indira Gandhi is detained under a federal law for inciting religious tensions during the election campaign. Ref. Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2009 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

India Politics

25 killed as Indian election race begins:

Out of a total of 543 seats, 124 Indian parliamentary seats spread across 15 provinces went to polls on Thursday amid attacks by Leftist extremists leaving 25 dead. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 16th May, 2009 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

India Politics Politics Business Civil & History

BJP 'admits Indian poll defeat'

Leaders of India's opposition BJP admit defeat in the general election as counting trends show Congress well ahead. Ref.
Source 2

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: India Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,