Sniper

Sniper - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Oct, 2012 - 6:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
US Sniper Dirty or calculated combat? The role of the sniper as a military weapon is looked on differently depending on who you talk to. Some consider the sniper as an unfair combatant and yet others see the Sniper as one of the most effective tools of changing the direction of war. What are your thoughts?
Sniper Related Information to Sniper
1st Sep, 2005 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Sniper

I have heard arguments both for and against using snipers in combat. Those who are for it of course state that you can take out certain key enemies without the need for a frontal assault while others who are against it claim that it is not fair combat and is equal to a land mine. What are your feelings about snipers, should they be part of general warfare? Do you have the patience to be a sniper?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
1st Sep, 2005 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Sniper

In favor of the many over the few, I think using snipers is a valid military tactic. Rather than send in 1,000 men on each side to be slaughtered before your objective is won, use a sniper to achieve the same end. If it ultimately saves lives and ends conflict, I'm for it.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

10th Oct, 2006 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Sniper History & Civil Business Politics

The history of the U.S. armed forces from the revolution until now shows how effective these highly disciplined soldiers can be. We target enemy command and control for a reason, and we don't alway's need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to do so. I think that as infantrymen these guys are the single most effective soldier that we have and that we need more. think about it, would you rather patrol around a platoon that you can avoid or a sniper that you can't see? Often the presence of a sniper is enough to prevent an attack on Americans as it did in Somalia and, I'm sure, many other places. In Vietnam snipers were among the most feared combatants from both sides, and you can imagine the demoralizing effects of fear. I could think of no other job that I would rather perform if I were in the military regrettably an anuerism prevented that.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 22 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.2%

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2006 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Sniper
A Friend

Sniper

Since both sides have snipers, I think it is more military strategy than immoral tactics.
Also, using snipers can actually lower the amount of casualties, e.g. If you kill the commander of a enemy unit, you may not have to fight all of them. Using good sense you can see that using a sniper is more efficient than a whole battalion attacking with a full frontal assault.

29th Oct, 2006 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

Sniper

Snipers are a very strategic unit in combat. The psychological impact even more than the individual kills underlines their importance. Being able to disrupt the chain of command and cause general panic amongst the foot soldiers is probably only rivaled by air-strikes. A sniper can take out a field commander and if the next in line is not a "seasoned" soldier, then mistakes can easily be made. This is not to mention the fact that "every soldier" in that squad will know the leader has been taken out. Makes for a lot of nervous and error prone mistakes. Here are a few famous snipers:

https://www.snipercountry.com/SnipHistory.asp

Here is a bit on the effect that German snipers had on arriving troups in Normandy:

https://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=2031

You might be shocked that their are famous women snipers too:

Lyudmila Pavlichenko, a Ukranian, was credited with 309 confirmed kills in WWII.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipers#20th_century
https://www.soviet-awards.com/digest/pavlic...avlichenko1.htm

Snipers definitely are not the same as mines. Leaving a mine behind shows no resolve on the part of the group that left it behind. It actually shows they really are not too interested in returning/controlling that area as much as they are trying to make sure that you don't control the area. Leaving behind snipers say that we aren't going to give this up easily and it will cost you if you keep moving further, commander.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 12th May, 2012 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sniper

A precision weapon

Snipers have another advantage. They wear on the enemy's psyche, producing an impact disproportionate to their size. "It takes the fight out of them," Marine Col. Tim Armstrong, commander of the Weapons Training Battalion at Quantico, said of the impact on the enemy. Ref. Source 3

Sniper
Sniper (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th May, 2012 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Sniper

If I were going into the military that's the first thing I want to sign up for: sniper training. What those guys do is totally awesome.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 18 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.8%

9th Oct, 2012 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Sniper Politics Business Civil & History

Using a sniper gun takes a lot of patience, these types guns are meant for people who is good at patience. If I am working for the military, I will sign up for this because it is hard to be killed when you are a sniper because you shoot form a very far distance form the enemy, right?

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 240 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Sniper

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,