Utah - Page 2 of 14

Seems to me like the people in Utah do not - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Oct, 2006 - 1:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »
Utah Culture
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2005 - 9:13am / Post ID: #

Utah - Page 2

U.S. Census Bureau: Utah has the country's fifth-fastest-growing population according to estimates released December 2005.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jan, 2006 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Utah

SALT LAKE COUNTY TALLIED 12% HOME-PRICE JUMP IN '05

Higher home prices, shorter listings and more sales have Utah homeowners cheering. For the 12 months ended Dec. 31, the median price of a single-family home in Salt Lake County climbed to $185,500, up 12.4 percent from the 2004 median price of $165,000, according to the Wasatch Front Regional Multiple Listing Service, which tracks sales of existing and newly constructed homes listed through a real estate agent.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2006 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Utah
A Friend

Utah History & Civil Business Politics

Personally, the crime rate is a factor of Utah's exponetinal population growth. Ironically, it's the clean, quiet, safe, and quite frankley, beautiful vistas, that attract people to this state. Not to mention high tech jobs seems to be in practially every village.
I have a hypothesis to why Utah has the highest sucide in the nation. I read, I forget the source, that Salt Lake City is the youngest city in the country by median age. Teenagers seem to be depressed more often then any other age category because of peer pressure, school pressure, changing lifestyle, and fear of the world, that until this point they were sheltered from.

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2006 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Utah

EDITORIAL: UTAH'S ETHIC OF GIVING BACK

It's remarkable. Nearly half of Utah residents 16 and older served as volunteers between 2003 and 2005, a number that tops the nation. According to the Corporation for National and Community Service, Utahns also give more of their time more often than people in any other state.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

22nd Jun, 2006 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Utah

Based on the below I must have been mistaken, because I really thought it was the canyons. However, if this is the biggest attraction then you can see why most visiting celebrities find Utah boring.

UTAH'S BIGGEST ATTRACTION? TEMPLE SQUARE
See https://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/living/14865847.htm

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - Utah's hottest tourism destination is Temple Square and the campus around it. Covering three city blocks, the Church's grounds in downtown Salt Lake City draw 3 million to 5 million visitors a year, the state Office of Tourism said. "We're curious about their religion and their history," said Darlene Davis of Walker, Louisiana, who was in Salt Lake on business.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd Jun, 2006 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Utah

When I was in Utah I also thought it was a pretty boring place...well you have to think that I traveled to San Francisco before going there and the two places are completely different. Now, I am not talking about lifestyles here (we all know how it is in Cali) but I am talking about infrastructure. When I was in Utah one of the biggest buildings I saw was the Church office. I love Utah, but it just does not have enough big attractions.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2006 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Utah
A Friend

Utah - Page 2

Well, Utah is a very empty state. People forget that if the Salt Lake City metro area was not in Utah, Utah would be really quiet.

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2006 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Utah Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Seems to me like the people in Utah do not like immigrants much, so if you are an outsider, be careful if you plan to stay! See what I am saying:

"A man there said, 'We should kick out everyone who is illegal and stop them from coming in at the border.' 

I said, 'How are you going to stop them? Shoot them? Do you really want to kill them?' "

Cannon said the man replied to his shock, "Yes. You don't have to shoot them all. You only have to kill a couple, and the rest will quit coming."

"I looked at the audience," Cannon said, "and about a third of them were nodding their heads in agreement."
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635153445,00.html

See folks, it ain't my words, its from a Utahn!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Utah

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,