Do Mosquitoes Have Teeth?

Do Mosquitoes Teeth - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 13th Feb, 2009 - 5:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2005 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Have you ever wondered when a mosquito bit you if it has teeth? You may wish to view the picture located at the below link, it may give you a whole new perspective about those little flying creatures that bite:

Mosquitoes have four knife-like tools of serrated teeth that surround a pair of fine tubes - one for dripping a pain suppressor and one for sucking blood. A common house mosquito (Culex sp.) stabs the skin with her sharp snout and saws in with her four knife tools to draw blood. She shoots in saliva laced with anesthetic (to escape notice) and an anticoagulant (to keep blood flowing). Then she sucks blood.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/apr...tos-stars_x.htm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2005 - 9:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Teeth Mosquitoes Do

It is my firm belief that I could have done without this article. I never knew that mosquitoes saliva had both anesthetic and an anticoagulant in it. I also didn't realize that it sucked blood to nourish one hundred eggs. So every bit I have is another hundred of these buggers to bit me two or three times!

23rd Sep, 2005 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Do Mosquitoes Have Teeth? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

A common house mosquito (Culex sp.) stabs the skin with her sharp snout and saws in with her four knife tools to draw blood. She shoots in saliva laced with anesthetic (to escape notice) and an anticoagulant (to keep blood flowing). Then she sucks blood.

I find this amazing. It screams intelligent design to me. This mosquito has everything it needs in order to do exactly what it must. I find it absolutely amazing. Of course, I don't like to think of it "sawing" into me, but I was aware of the anticoagulant.

25th Jun, 2006 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Teeth Mosquitoes Do

Hmmm, when the anaesthetic has worn off, it feels like the mosquito had 100 teeth laugh.gif

I am suffering badly at the moment with 5 huge mosquito bites, unfortunately I have found out that my body is allergic to them, as my whole leg has swollen up, and a rash is rapidly taking over my leg. Looking at it from the Mosquito's point of view though, I have kindly donated my blood to help 500 new mosquitos be born woopy doo, now why doesn't that make me feel a whole lot better? *laughs*

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Teeth Mosquitoes Do

Name: Nunya

Comments: I mainly came on here to learn about mosquitoes for my homework, but this stuff is interesting! I never thought mosquitoes had real teeth. I just thought they had that tube that got to the blood. But what do I know?

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What I have found out to be amazing is that one a mosquito has bitten you they can not withdraw their snout if you hold your breath. I do not know the reason for this but it is a interesting experience. I tend to kill the mosquito before it has withdrawn too much blood. It is those time when it has its fill it seems they have to run down the arm to get a running start just to get back airborne. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do Mosquitoes Teeth

We try not to use the 'M' word too much in my part of Canada, the little buggers are actually a season up here. They were tolerable before they started carrying West Nile Disease, now we try not get bitten too much.

This topic made me laugh a bit, as when I was much younger we started spreading the rumour of the 'Winter Mosquito' when we traveled in the states. Some people actually believed that we had Mosquitoes that had a very fine layer of fur over their bodies that protected them from temperatures as low as -20ºC. Oh, those bygone days! I always wanted to actually make a very believable video documentary on the Winter Mosquito, it would be a laugh.

On a serious note, Mosquitos are a serious and fine display of evolution and they are highly adaptable. You have to think that as their life spans are so short they can develop mutations very quickly. There resilience to pesticides is incredible, and their eggs can survive in dry ground for like forever, they are like sea monkeys! They have had some success in introducing a type of minnow into areas where the larvae are common, the little guys thrive on them and greatly control the population without the need of harmful toxins.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do Mosquitoes Teeth Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

You mean the mosquito is not Canadas national bird. I have heard they are big enough up there to carry off small children. I can almost believe the winter mosquito as they seem to be there almost year round. You have to do something about all that water. smile.gif

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Do Mosquitoes Have Teeth?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,