Culture Shock For Refugees

Culture Shock Refugees - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 8th Nov, 2015 - 12:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Best of  Culture Shock For Refugees Refugees impact the countries they migrate to...
10th Sep, 2005 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Until I read this article, I hadn't really considered how bad the culture shock could be for evacuees and refugees from disaster.

Source
Black refugees ask if Utah will really accept them

It is a very good question for someone from New Orleans to ask. "Will I be accepted here?" Especially moving to someplace so incredibly different. Utah is definitely not known for partying, public n-dity, cajun cooking, or any of the other aspects of life that are often associated with life in New Orleans.

How do you think that these people will be accepted in Utah?

Image from MorgueFile public domain.

Culture Shock For Refugees (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2005 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Refugees Shock Culture

Is this topic specific to acceptance in Utah alone? I think many have tried to accept them, but in my opinion I believe this is a matter of three things related to those in need:

1. A ethnic group accustomed to being treated in a certain way
2. The people in this group have never travelled outside the state
3. The people in this group have never had the opportunity to be exposed to a different lifestyle.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it is not so much if they will be accepted as much as if they are willing to make themselves (the refugees) acceptable.

Not to long ago I saw a story about a woman who opened her heart and home to a couple of teenage boys who came out of the disaster, they repayed her with murder - is that something cultural?

8th Nov, 2005 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Culture Shock For Refugees Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I don't think the fact that they are black will affect whether or not they are accepted, but I have heard it can be difficult in some parts of Utah if you are not LDS.

Also, I don't think any community should lower their moral standards to welcome someone else. So, public nudity wll likely not be acceptable, and I don't think it should be.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2015 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Refugees Shock Culture

Refugees transform host countries

THERE are now more refugees worldwide than at any time since World War II. But what impact do refugees have on the countries that welcome them? Ref. Source 9i

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2015 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Refugees Shock Culture

35 MILLION migrants heading to Europe, says Hungary as it builds second fence:

The huge figure was revealed today by Hungary's minister for foreign affairs and trade Peter Szijjártó. Speaking as the country begins work on its second fence to stop migrants heading across its border he predicted the current crisis will continue for years. Ref. Source 3w

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2015 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Migrant tensions rise in Balkans

Border tensions escalated Monday in several Balkan nations amid new controls on migrants trying to reach Northern Europe. Ref. Source 1w

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Nov, 2015 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Culture Shock Refugees

Reflecting back when I was a teen and the east coast of Canada was open up to accept "Boat People" Refugees. Our government created a huge mess where refugee groups were hated.

We had just lost the rights to commercial fishing in many eastern waters and unemployment was high people losing homes and jobs. The refugees where brought in given a house and car debt free. Yes not a great way to introduce a new group to a society that other wise is very open to people.

So could these people have issues based on how the government p[laces them sure. Also yes if they are not wiling to accept Utah's social standards as theirs then you will see much conflict and rightly so. So the locals should be toilet papering city hall also. I say if you come here want to live here because your county went to the dogs then change. Other wise get back on your boat and go home.

I also think the government had better be talking to them explain how they will need to act and disperse them every where to all in one spot. This encourages them to adapt to us not the other way around. I live next to Colombian refugees and they agree with me. Great people and awesome cooks we share much with them and try to help as they struggle to get going.

8th Nov, 2015 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Culture Shock Refugees Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

While you might look at the refugees as in desperate need of help you have to also look at the country they are going to. When you have thousands of people entering a country without any formal process then you get criminals and terrorists entering to. Some of them may be sleepers that won't be activated til all settles. The other problem is locals may lose jobs or the prices of rent and goods might go up because of the sudden demand. There is no easy solution to any of it.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Culture Shock For Refugees

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,