Consecrated Oil

Consecrated Oil - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th May, 2006 - 2:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd Oct, 2005 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

Consecrated Oil

Consecrated Oil

As a holder of the Melchizedek Priesthood it is my duty to carry Holy Consecrated Oil in case I should come across the sick and afflicted in need of healing. One method for holding the Oil is a brass or silver vial. After some time the oil turns green in color (I have not studied why this occurs, but it may be related to the metal holding it). The question is, should this Oil still be used or should pure Oil be sought? What if you cannot access the Oil without this green color immediately and you need to administer to someone?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2005 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Consecrated Oil
A Friend

Oil Consecrated

I believe that the oil is still good until the point you open it and it smells something aweful. I was instructed to change the oil at least once a month to keep it fresh.

22nd Oct, 2005 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Consecrated Oil Studies Doctrine Mormon

This is the first time I have heard of using smell as an element to judge purity for Consecrated Oil. When the Oil is green in color it has not given any hint of a differing smell, I believe this would only happen if it is left open to oxygen for a long period of time?

Post Date: 24th Oct, 2005 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Consecrated Oil
A Friend

Oil Consecrated

I had mine in a bottle in the fridge, for who knows how long and I opened it one day and it stuck to high heaven.

9th May, 2006 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Oil Consecrated

As far as I understand Consicrated oil is Olive oil. If I am wrong tell me. Olive oil should be stored in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months. It can be refrigerated, in which case it will last up to a year. Chilled olive oil becomes cloudy and too thick to pour. However, it will clear and become liquid again when brought to room temperature. the container needs to be kept full. So that air doesn't get into the vial. When using it for cooking it doesn't matter because you usually use it within 6 months. But in a vial for consicrated oil you may not use it as much. Changing once a month is a good idea if you use it. because you are letting in oxygen. it will go bad faster when exposed to heat and air.

> TOPIC: Consecrated Oil

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,