Gay Mormon? - Page 2 of 8

Pressuring Gays to Take Up Heterosexual Life - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Feb, 2007 - 2:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: Can you be both Mormon and Gay (homosexual)?
  Yes       50.00%
  No       50.00%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
26th Nov, 2005 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon? - Page 2

If I like to hang out more with men than I do with women does that make me Gay? No, it does not, the difference as I said before has to do with the element of being 'turned on' or sexual attraction

That's right but it does not mean that just because I like to hang out more with people of my same sex, I want to have a sexual relationship with them. For example, I remained chaste until I got married, before that I felt normally attracted to people of the opposite sex...it did not mean, I wanted to have a sexual relationship with them, it just meant that I felt attracted to men. That's all. I do not see homosexuality any different.

is there such a thing as 'Masturbating Mormon' or 'Lustful Mormon'? My point is why the need to differentiate his sexual interests? Why the need to give an adjective to the whole affair?

The need comes from knowing that their tendencies are notin harmony with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the "Masturbatingt Mormon" or "Lustful Mormon" is also not in harmony with the Gospel but widely and sadly more accepted than to say you feel attracted to people of your same sex.

there is, in my opinion, a huge difference between someone who thinks he might be a homosexual, experiencing certain urges and desires, and one who has decided that he is "gay", and makes that his identifying characteristic.

The only difference I see is that one is acting upon his urges and desires when the other one may be trying to fight against them or just decide that it is part of his or her life but knows he/she cannot act upon them because it will be a sin. But both of them are homosexual, both of them are gay. There is no difference about it.

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2005 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Gay

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 26-Nov 05, 8:24 AM)
But both of them are homosexual, both of them are gay. There is no difference about it.

The difference is in how they have decided to deal with it - what they have decided to become. The one who proclaims that he is "gay" now takes upon himself the attitudes, including the rebellion. The one who is struggling is still seeking to submit and be obedient.

You are right, perhaps there is no difference in their desires and needs. There certainly is a huge difference in the two men.

26th Nov, 2005 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon? Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 25-Nov 05, 8:37 PM)
My point is why the need to differentiate his sexual interests? Why the need to give an adjective to the whole affair?

I think as an example of why he isn't married at say 35. If you are not sexually attracted to women, I can't imagine how you would have a good marriage to one. I don't think it would be fair to the woman either. I think the physical side of a marriage is important in bonding the couple together.

Also, many people give in to sin all the time. Then they do their best to repent. This is likely true of homosexuals as well. What happens if the man who knows how he is sexually attracted to men and not women, finally succombs to his desires. If he has a wife and children he is hurting many more than just himself. I think it would be better for a homosexual to stay single but live a celibate life than to marry because they want to more fully embrace the gospel. This is just my opinion though and not doctrine.

The difference is in how they have decided to deal with it - what they have decided to become. The one who proclaims that he is "gay" now takes upon himself the attitudes, including the rebellion. The one who is struggling is still seeking to submit and be obedient.

I don't agree with this statement. I think one can recognize they are homosexual without embracing the lifestyle. By the time one reaches a certain age, if they have struggled for decades with the issue, they will likely come to a point where they accept or recognize they are this way. It doesn't mean they have to decide that this is an excuse to now engage in the behavior.

26th Nov, 2005 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mormon Gay

The point I am getting that is exactly what Nighthawk stated when he said,

QUOTE (Nighthawk)
The difference is in how they have decided to deal with it - what they have decided to become.

Like I said before... we are all sinners, but that doesn't mean we let people know what tempts us. I was trying to bring this out when I gave the example of 'Masturbating Mormon'. Why do you proclaim yourself to be a certain way if you know it is not the correct way to be, it is because you are openly rebelling. If you were Masturbating would you openly proclaim it? Probably not if you felt it was wrong, but if you are looking for justification in it then most likely you would say you were and even try to get followers. In fact, many psychologists feel this is normal and actually acceptable as they do with being gay, yet it is considered to be wrong and it is spoken against. Yes, we love them - gays, masturbators - all, but that does not mean we start assigning labels because of our preferences, so for me there is no such thing as a 'Gay Mormon', there can only be a member of the Church who has tendencies, thoughts or temptations towards being gay. Wow, I almost sound like I am trying to be politically correct, but that is not my intention.

28th Nov, 2005 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Mormon Gay

Nighthawk hit it right on the money. In my opinion, the label "gay" has a completely different connotation to it than "homosexual." Having homosexual tendencies or attractions is not the same as accepting and embracing the lifestyle, which is what the "gay" attitude is. I've known many different homosexuals, male and female, and they are not all "gays" or "lesbians." Most of them you would never even think of them as homosexual, because they have chosen not to develop the attitude or live that way. The new fellow at my office is the first "gay" person I've met within the church -- although he may be celibate, he is flamboyantly "gay," with the walk, the talk, and the gestures of that attitude.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2005 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon?

ALONE IN THE FOLD: MANY LDS GAYS STRUGGLE TO CLING TO FAITH DESPITE THEIR YEARNINGS

Ty Mansfield and Stuart Matis never met, but they were brothers in church and in spirit. They held to the iron rod of their faith and successfully completed LDS missions.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Aug, 2006 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Gay Mormon - Page 2

I found this great interview of Elder Oaks and Elder Wickman done by the Public Churc affairs, very specific, very detailed about homosexuality and the position of the Church about it. I highly recommend it...just an excerpt of it:

PUBLIC AFFAIRS: Let's say my 17-year-old son comes to talk to me and, after a great deal of difficulty trying to get it out, tells me that he believes that he's attracted to men - that he has no interest and never has had any interest in girls. He believes he's probably gay. He says that he's tried to suppress these feelings. He's remained celibate, but he realizes that his feelings are going to be devastating to the family because we"ve always talked about his Church mission, about his temple marriage and all those kinds of things. He just feels he can't live what he thinks is a lie any longer, and so he comes in this very upset and depressed manner. What do I tell him as a parent?

ELDER OAKS: You"re my son. You will always be my son, and I"ll always be there to help you....

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2007 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gay Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Pressuring Gays to Take Up Heterosexual Life

Truth Wins Out's new video was released on YouTube and featured a Mormon couple, Barbara and Lester Leavitt, who are ending their marriage after 25 years and having raised four children together. Although Lester always knew he was gay, his church and society sent the message that homosexuality was just a phase that could be overcome through marriage. He fought mightily to be the perfect husband and father, but two years ago he could no longer live a lie and came out to his family. While Barbara was shocked by this revelation, she always knew deep down that her husband was harboring a secret. She now believes that attempts to coerce or pressure gay people into marriage destroys families in the name of family values and is unfair to the unsuspecting spouse.
Ref. https://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....04528020&EDATE=

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Gay Mormon?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,