Turkey Recipes

Turkey Recipes - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Nov, 2006 - 11:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Turkey Recipes
Do you have a special way to cook it?
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2005 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes

Turkey Recipes

Do you have a special way to cook your turkey other than the normal butter on the outside and stick it in the oven?

Turkey Recipes
Turkey Recipes (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2005 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes
A Friend

Recipes Turkey

We always fry our turkey. We season the outside with this creole seasing and salt and pepper, and then inject it with the same buttery sauce. Then we deep fry it. Depending on the turkey depends on how long it takes to cook. It's three minutes for every pound, plus an additional five minute. So, a twenty pound turkey takes roughly an hour and five minutes.

5th Dec, 2005 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

BabyBlues, now that is very original, but do you make parts out of it (leg, thigh, breast, etc.) first or is this a large deep fryer like the Chinese use? That must make an interesting taste, I will have to try it sometime.

As for our turkey, I believe the only different thing we use here in the Caribbean is something called, 'French Margarine' which is a seasoned butter, we use this to glaze the outside of the turkey before, baking.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2005 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes
A Friend

Recipes Turkey

Yeah, you dump the whole thing in. You have to tie the legs together with wire, so you can pull it out with very long tongs so you don't burn your face off. There are a lot of accidents in the United States now that frying turkey has become such a popular event. So many people burn their house down. I would definately try it. Fried turkey is just one of those things that once you have it once, you'll never want it another way.

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2006 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes
A Friend

Recipes Turkey

Creamed Turkey & Rice Soup

This is my "favorite" home-cooked soup!
I prepare this soup every year after Thanksgiving is over.

1 turkey carcass ( from a 14-lb. cooked turkey )
14 cups water
1 large onion, chopped fine
3 stalks celery, sliced thin
4 large carrots, chopped or sliced thin
1/3 cup uncooked long grain white rice ( If you like rice, add 1/2 cup )
1 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups flour
1 pint half-and-half cream
3 cups diced cooked turkey ( I always add 5 cups )
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
6 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
salt & pepper to taste

In a large soup kettle or stockpot,
add turkey carcass and the 14 cups of water.
Bring water to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 1 hr. and 30 minutes.
Remove bones; reserve meat for soup.
Strain stock; set aside.

In a large saucepan, combine onions, celery, carrots,
rice and 1 quart (4 cups) of the stock.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes; set aside.

In a large soup kettle, melt butter.
Blend in flour; heat until bubbly.
Add the half-and-half, and remaining 2 quarts (8 cups) of stock,
to the butter/flour mixture; cook and stir until bubbly.
Stir in the reserved vegetable mixture, turkey meat and seasonings.
Heat slowly to serving temperature.
Serves 12-14. ( This soup freezes well ).

19th Nov, 2006 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes

I have seen some people bake their turkey until it was light golden brown, but I do not like it that way... I like the skin to be popping as it gets sizzled and ends up with a rich dark brown color. To do this you have to leave the turkey in for longer which some say dries the inside or you can do what I do... slice some pieces for yourself and grill it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Nov, 2006 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes

I like the skin to be popping as it gets sizzled and ends up with a rich dark brown color

Rich dark brown color? Are you kidding? You like the turkey until is ready to burn! rolleyes.gif I like it light brown and properly cooked inside.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 19th Nov, 2006 - 10:05pm

19th Nov, 2006 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Turkey Recipes Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

We don't do the turkey any special way, just until it's light golden brown, and cooked completely through.
We do however never waste any of the left over turkey. On Christmas day, we have a cooked turkey meal, then in the evening eat the turkey on sandwiches with sage and onion stuffing and mayonnaise.
The day after we use the rest up by making a turkey curry, and then we finish off by boiling the carcass with potatoes, onions and carrots and turn it into a soup.
That's enough turkey for us to take in, and we don't normally have any more for another full year after that, until next Christmas! laugh.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Turkey Recipes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,