Eavesdropping

Eavesdropping - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Jan, 2006 - 12:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
As a tactic to get vital information
Post Date: 16th Dec, 2005 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Eavesdropping

WHITE HOUSE SECRETLY OK'D EAVESDROPPING ON AMERICANS

Months after the Sept. 11 attacks, President Bush secretly authorized the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on Americans and others inside the United States to search for evidence of terrorist activity without the court-approved warrants ordinarily required for domestic spying, according to government officials.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com

Sponsored Links:
16th Dec, 2005 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping

This might be slightly off-topic, but not much I promise! Before I went back to school full time, I was working clerical in a life insurance company here in the US. Before the terrorist attacks, we would do bare background checks on people when we were opening up savings accounts for people who were getting beneficiary amounts over $100,000.

After the terrorist attacks, we were doing background checks -- BUT, based on the ethnicity of the name. Not on the individual. When I brought up that this was not only morally wrong, but it was racial profiling and therefore illegal. I was told to do my job or someone else could come in and do it just the same. I filed a complain with HR, nothing came of it. Eventually left because I didn't believe in what I was doing and went back to school -- But, to read that article makes me question my country.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2005 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping History & Civil Business Politics

BUSH SAYS HE SIGNED NSA WIRETAP ORDER

In acknowledging the message was true, President Bush took aim at the messenger Saturday, saying that a newspaper jeopardized national security by revealing that he authorized wiretaps on U.S. citizens after September 11.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/17/bush.nsa/index.html

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2006 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping

BUSH DEFENDS WIRETAPS

President Bush continued on Sunday to defend both the legality and the necessity of the National Security Agency's domestic eavesdropping program, and he denied that he misled the public last year when he insisted that any government wiretap required a court order.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C635173242%2C00.html

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2006 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping

CHENEY: NSA EAVESDROPPING CRITICAL TO U.S. SECURITY

In a robust defense of the nation's post-9/11 domestic eavesdropping program, Vice President Dick Cheney on Wednesday said the tool is "critical" for U.S. national security.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/04/cheney.nsa/index.html

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2006 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping

U.S. OPENING SOME PRIVATE MAIL IN TERROR FIGHT

U.S. officials are opening personal mail that arrives from abroad when they deem it necessary to protect the country from terrorism, a Customs and Border Protection spokeswoman said Monday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/09/terrorism...reut/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jan, 2006 - 9:10am / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping

In the end it comes down to this... how much of your rights are you willing to give up in order to seek for 'protection' from armed forces? In the old days the military could acquire your home for soldiers to stay if needs be - this invasion of privacy may have been considered worst than eavesdropping, but people were willing to put up with it so that they would not fall into the hands of the enemy.

WHITE HOUSE DETAILS DEFENSE OF SPYING

The Bush administration offered its fullest defense to date on Thursday of the National Security Agency's domestic eavesdropping program, saying that authorization from Congress to deter future terrorist attacks `places the president at the zenith of his powers in authorizing the NSA activities.`
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2006 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping Politics Business Civil & History

BUSH INSISTS SURVEILLANCE IS LEGAL

Capping a weeklong defense of his administration's controversial domestic surveillance program, President Bush on Thursday passionately rejected any notion that he is `circumventing` a federal law that requires a court order for monitoring private communication, and suggested he will resist attempts to change that law.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Eavesdropping

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,