Eavesdropping - Page 4 of 7

Bush's spy efforts went far beyond - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Jul, 2009 - 11:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
As a tactic to get vital information
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2008 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping
A Friend

Eavesdropping - Page 4

This does not surprise me at all. The government has always wanted to monitor everyone to find those who are doing wrong. You would be surprised at some of the things people talk about. I used to use a scanner at work and would scan the cordless phone frequencies. I heard a lot of very interesting things.

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2008 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping

I don't like the idea of some stranger reading everything I communicate it's an invasion of privacy!

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 168 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 16.8%

12th Apr, 2008 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping History & Civil Business Politics

The reason people are surprised is that until the last few year apparently, this information had to be obtained via warrant.

Do we really believe information wasn't taken before without the use of a Warrant, if the information was coming from out of the country? I would suspect that we have been monitoring communications coming into our country since World War 2 and before and haven't alway obtained court orders to listen into the info coming in.

I hope our intelligence community would have the ability to monitor the millions of communications that come in for certain key words: "kill" "bomb" "death to america" without having to seek a Warrant for every individual communication that comes in. It would be impossible to stop attacks if we could not at least do some general monitoring.

But we do have to make a distinction I believe between Communications between citizens domestically and those between citizens and foreign nationals outside of our borders. The Federal Government has a better case when dealing with communications coming into our sovereign territory and those between citizens within the borders.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

13th Apr, 2008 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Eavesdropping

No one respects what is going into tracking all of this. Just imagine focusing on one conversation out of millions. If you want to be private then write a letter or tell the person come over to your home.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2008 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Eavesdropping

Trolling for Terror or Eavesdropping on the Innocent?

President George W. Bush has assured Americans that the National Security Agency does not compromise civil liberties while monitoring overseas telephone calls for terrorist intelligence. But a pair of former NSA operators have come forward with disturbing allegations about government employees listening in on personal phone calls for their own enjoyment. It's an exclusive story from ABC News chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross that already has the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee asking the Bush administration for answers.
Ref. ABC Nightline

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2009 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping

US spy agency may get more cybersecurity duties

The spy agency that ran the Bush administration's warrantless eavesdropping programme may get more responsibility for securing US computer networks, President Barack Obama's intelligence chief told Congress. Ref. Source 8

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2009 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping
A Friend

Eavesdropping - Page 4

Does that mean that the warrantless spying has stopped? I did not see anything that indicated that they have or that they were going yo discontinue it.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2009 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Eavesdropping Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Bush's spy efforts went far beyond wiretapping

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration built an unprecedented surveillance operation to pull in mountains of information far beyond the warrantless wiretapping previously acknowledged, a team of federal inspectors general reported yesterday, questioning the legal basis for the effort but shielding almost all details on grounds that they're still too secret to reveal. Ref. Source 4

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Eavesdropping

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,