Community Climax - Page 2 of 5

I did notice when I returned that I wasn't - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2006 - 7:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

?
Poll: I climaxed after being a Member for...
  One day       0.00%
  One week       0.00%
  One month       0.00%
  2-6 months       0.00%
  7-11 months       9.09%
  One year       9.09%
  Never climaxed       81.82%
Total Votes: 11
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The Lifespan of Most Members
28th Dec, 2005 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Community Climax - Page 2

Babyblues, sorry if you felt I was trying to make you sound selfish, actually I find nothing wrong to be a little selfish sometimes. Actually I think your last post still within the same light of what I was trying to say.

What I meant by not meeting needs anymore is if coming here and posting no longer brings me any enjoyment

This is exactly what I was saying before. . Personally I do not find all the topics I reply to to be of my particular enjoyment but because I want the community to grow and I want to support it (not to mention is one of my husband's job and our bread and butter!) then I would come and post. The same if one of our dear members is interested in a specific topic, I may not be interested in that topic per say but because I want to encourage good conversation within the community and support all kind of topics, then I would gladly reply. Actually, that's exactly as I said before is the reason for some members to leave, NOT because "it's all about them" attitude but because their personal needs are not being met and they are not interested in supporting the community beyond their own selves and there is NOTHING wrong with that. It is not about selfishness, it's just a matter of priorities and what people perceive needs to be the reason for coming here.

Offtopic but,
I didn't want anybody to think I was carrying the "It's all about me" attitude.

I don't think anybody thought that. You are a great asset to the community and we all enjoy your posts. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2005 - 8:47am / Post ID: #

Climax Community

What a topic, I can't say how long I will last. Namely because this is the longest I have lasted at any forum. I usually leave within 2 weeks because I get tired of the whining and spamming and everything else. I don't stick around when posting becomes a chore. This is the first Forum I have ever seen where people consider other posters feelings.

Babyblues, sorry if you felt I was trying to make you sound selfish
This is why I am still here. That and people actually took the time to read my intro and respond to it. That was great.

6th Jan, 2006 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Community Climax Feedback & FAQ News Community

One thing is for sure... I can promise you all that so long as I have breath - I will last. I will always be here. I have seen many come and go, but you can always find me here. My only concern with this Community and any sort of Climax is the ability of servers / scripts and my custom coding holding up with time. There may come a point when I will have to upgrade the core coding and will lose a lot of what I created, not the posts themselves - those are safe, but the features that I have hard coded into the Forum. I know that situation is not now, but it will happen... it will reach a point that I need to go from Windows 3.1 to XP, maybe in coming years as technology advances. So long as there are apache servers using Unix I am good to go and you are always welcomed to stay, go, return, hope on and off....

6th Jan, 2006 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Climax Community

As one of the longest-staying members, I can relate from experience that life changes things.

When I first started here, I had a lot of extra time on my hands and spent many an hour (and sometimes most of a day! ) posting and reading and searching, etc. However, life for me has changed very dramatically, and I no longer have that kind of free time. These changes are mostly positive -- a better position at work, family moving in together, etc. -- but they are time consuming.

We're going on.. is it three years? .. and I can't imagine not being a part of this community. There are days at a time when I just can't get here, but I try to be as involved as I can in the time that I have each week.

As long as the standards are kept as friendly, clean, and interesting as they have been so far, I'm here for the long haul!

21st Jan, 2006 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Climax Community

QUOTE (FarSeer)
When I first started here, I had a lot of extra time on my hands and spent many an hour (and sometimes most of a day! ) posting and reading and searching, etc.

I miss those days most especially because you added a great part to the Community, but as you said life changes dramatically and thus cannot allow for the same input of time. I have found that no one can consistently maintain a phase of activity that makes them truly addicted for more than a space of time - a climax - as we are discussing. That climatic point may never return, but one thing is for sure, with a Community like this your thoughts remain forever.

27th Jan, 2006 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Community Climax

Well I must say that JB directing me to this topic after having returned from a 2-3 month absence was indeed fitting! It really hit me when I read the first post because JB was describing me. I have to admit that when I joined this forum, it was one of the best experiences I had ever come across on the Web, and I never thought that my enthusiasm for it would end. I can't really say it did end, but my life and work basically strangled it out, and my commitment really dropped off to levels that I am very ashamed of. However, I am back, and ready to make that commitment again. I can't and won't predict the future, but I'm willing to make the present count for something.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Feb, 2006 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Community Climax - Page 2

Malexander, I did not direct you to this thread specifically (there are many other similar ones), but it does pertain to you I guess. However, you seem to be the exception because of your return, however it will be up to you to see if a climax can be achieved again or at least the same kind of participation as before.

Offtopic but,
By the way, you have been gone for much longer than 2-3 months, unless you are counting those couple of posts you made awhile back. I think you have been gone even before we went to Argentina which was about 8 months ago?

2nd Feb, 2006 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Community Climax Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

I did notice when I returned that I wasn't the only one that went on a leave of absence from the forum. It was most unfortunate that so many of us had to be absent for extended periods of time; all at the same time. I still harbor some guilt about the whole thing, but I hope that I can regain the participation level I had before my leave. I see that my Plugged-in level did stay at 100% which was interesting as I seemed to have inadvertently created myself a buffer of posts to keep my participation level where it is.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Community Climax

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,