Israel Vs. The Middle East

Israel Vs Middle East - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 13th Jul, 2006 - 5:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (20) »
vs. This is not about the Israel vs. Palestine issue covered in another thread. This is about every other country in the Middle East, yes, Israel has many enemies, in fact they surround her.
Post Date: 28th Dec, 2005 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs. The Middle East

This thread is not about the Israel vs. Palestine issue covered in another thread located here. This is about every other country, such as the surrounding Middle Eastern Countries.

ISRAELI WARPLANES HIT MILITANT BASE IN LEBANON

Israel carried out an airstrike in Lebanon early Wednesday in retaliation after militants fired rockets into a northern Israeli town, an army spokesperson said.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...non-051227.html

Sponsored Links:
28th Dec, 2005 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

East Middle Vs Israel

I think it is very difficult to separate the Israel/Palestine conflict from this thread because that has been the source of so much tension between Israel and the Arab world.

But I shall try.

There is no doubt most countries in the Middle East are not happy Israel that was dumped in their backyard. I believe Israel threatens these countries on several fronts.

Military might: Israel has been armed to the teeth by the US and several other countries. It has the strongest military in the region and threatens neighbouring countries. Israel has never been scared to exercise its might as it knows any serious reprisal will also be met with a US response. So this of course creates tension with neigbouring countries who are quite different in culture. It also puts these countries on notice should they not comply with US/Israel wishes or demands. The US, a country that has had a poor record in the Middle East, can use Israel as a base whenever it likes, so this also creates tension.

Culture: This is more relevant to the radical Islamist countries like Iran. Israel is considered to be a rather democratic European culture. This of course will cause tensions amongst strictly Islamic leaders who may see this culture as a blight on their region. I personally think this is a crying shame because Israel has a lot of good to offer these countries in this regard.

Religious intolerance: Similar to culture. Radical elements of the Islamic faith will target Israel simply because it is pre-dominantly a Jewish state. I think this is sad, but desperate extremists will use the bombing of Jewish targets as propaganda for their insane agendas. And of course they know Israel's response will be just as brutal, so the conflict escalates. Mind you the Israel Government isn't shy of using a few indiscriminate bombing raids to show its people how wonderful a government it is.

Palestine: I said I wouldn't touch on this but there is one important point. The Israel/Palestine conflict is viewed by the Arab world as a crime against the Palestinian people, who happen to be mostly Arab. This is a major source of tension.

I think basically any time you force a completely different culture/religion into a region there are going to be major teething problems from both sides. Especially when one side can do no wrong as they are consistently backed by the world's sole super power. Both sides have committed terrible atrocities and quite frankly behave like children. In fact I think even children would find peace easier then their hopeless leaders.

But it is a very complex issue. I hope I have shed some light on a few of the factors.

Post Date: 29th May, 2006 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Israel Vs. The Middle East Judaism Studies

ROCKET ATTACK SPARKS FIGHTING ON ISRAEL'S NORTHERN BORDER

Israeli jets attacked Lebanese-based guerrillas Sunday, hours after several rockets were fired from Lebanon deep into northern Israel.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ebanon-sun.html

12th Jul, 2006 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

East Middle Vs Israel

Breaking News

Israeli troops entered southern Lebanon following a Hezbollah claim that it abducted two Israeli soldiers, according to Israel Defense Forces.
Ref. CNN

You have to wonder one of two things: is Israel the kind of country that will stop at nothing to protect her own or is this soldier of great importance politically? Either way, they seem to be moving in on anyone that makes a claim, but I do wonder if Hezbollah is just saying that to divert the attention off of Palestine?

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2006 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

East Middle Vs Israel

JERUSALEM, July 12 - The Lebanese militant group Hezbollah seized two Israeli soldiers in a brazen raid this morning along Israel's border with Lebanon. Israel immediately responded by sending an armored force into southern Lebanon for the first time since withdrawing six years ago.

Quote from New York Times.

I don't believe there is any question of the validity that Hezbollah kidnapped two IDF soldiers.

Either way, they seem to be moving in on anyone that makes a claim

In my opinion. This is an act of war between sovereign nations. Hezbollah is controlled by Iran. Iran controls Syria. Syria controls Lebanon. Israel has no choice but to respond. This is not like the kidnapping of the IDF soldiers by the Palestinians. Israel would be justified in a full scale invasion of Lebanon.

Right now as I write this I'm watching the Palestinians celebrate the kidnapping. The seen reminds me of how they celebrated when the Twin Towers collapsed.

Reconcile Edited: primrosepath on 12th Jul, 2006 - 2:48pm

13th Jul, 2006 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

It's not just about the two kidnapped soldiers, but a rocket was launched from Lebanon into Israel just a couple of months ago. However, it seems we are watching the first volleys of a true War.

And yes, Israel will stop at nothing to protect her own. What other choice does she have, living in such close proximity to her enemies?

IMO
Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2006 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Israel Vs. Middle East

Breaking News

Officials close Beirut international airport after Israeli jets attack runways, AP reports.
Ref. CNN

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2006 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Israel Vs. Middle East Studies Judaism

Okay people, get ready for full scale war, rising prices (especially for oil/gas), everything is going chaotic now and I will be surprised if it simmers down.

BREAKING NEWS

Israeli officials say a rocket has hit Haifa, a major port city in northern Israel
Ref. CNN

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Israel Vs. The Middle East

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,