Honor Killing - Page 2 of 2

Mother and Brother Kill Pregnant 16-Year-Old - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2015 - 11:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Cultural Aspect
Post Date: 30th May, 2007 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Honor Killing
A Friend

Honor Killing - Page 2

If honor killings take place in ANY society, then is PART of their culture whether we want to accept it or not. It is common sense. Hence, if honor killings occur in Iraq as often as it seems they occur, then it is indeed part of the culture.

I disagree.

Is it common sense to associate paedophilia with catholicism because there are hundreds of cases of clergyman abusing children every year?

Is it common sense to associate killing children to American society when 1,490 children died from abuse or neglect in 2004?

Nighthawk straight up abhors islamic culture. Why he associates honour killings or female circumcision with Islamic culture I dont know. It seems to me he has fallen victim to western media biase. If I was to start outlining every single abhorrent "tradition" in the west I would be here all night.

Sponsored Links:
30th May, 2007 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Killing Honor

Karbala, the definition of culture is the following:

The accumulated habits, attitudes, and beliefs of a group of people that define for them their general behavior and way of life; the total set of learned activities of a people.

Are you continue stating that Honor Killings are just a "random" act in Iraq even though Human Right Activists and the UN have spoken against this practice in Iraq as well as other Asian countries? ( I do not think they would speak up if these acts were just "random") The whole world knows about Honor Killings taking place not only in Iraq but in several Asian countries.

I would agree with your point of view if these acts were random but the fact that several groups have spoken about this practice tells that it is a common occurrence and if they are a common occurrence then is part of the culture.

If I am in Iraq and I witness someone being stoned to death, my first reaction would be of horror because my culture does not accept this barbaric act but those who grew up seeing this or learning about this (the whole virginity/honor issue), then it won't be a shock, they will even understand and accept why is being done. Do you understand what I am saying? If you grew up in a country where this is a common practice or you have been taught by religion that that's the way to handle the problem, then you will automatically accepted as right.

Culture is everything than a man does, therefore if Honor Killings take place in Iraq as often as reported then is a cultural issue.

As of 2004, honor killings have occurred at the hands of individuals within parts of various countries, such as Albania, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Germany, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel (within the Arab, Druze and Bedouin communities)[7], Italy, Jordan, Morocco, the Palestinian territories, Sweden, Turkey, Uganda, the United Kingdom and the United States. According to the UN:

"The report of the Special Rapporteur ... concerning cultural practices in the family that are violent towards women (E/CN.4/2002/83), indicated that honour killings had been reported in Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey, Yemen, and other Mediterranean and Gulf countries, and that they had also taken place in such countries as France, Germany and the United Kingdom within migrant communities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

It seems to me that Honor Killings are strongly connected to Middle Eastern culture.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2009 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Honor Killing Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Syria amends honour killing law

honour killing Syria's president scraps a law limiting sentences for men who kill their female relatives in the name of family honour. Ref. Source 1

3rd Jul, 2009 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Killing Honor

I don't agree with this way of settling problems. Killing anyone just because you do not like that your reputation was stained is just plain stupid. Didn't some guy do this to his wife right here in America awhile back?

18th Aug, 2009 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Killing Honor

This is terrible. It is not honorable to murder your family because you don't agree with their decisions. Love should stop you from killing your family members even if you think what they did was shameful. Not too long ago a middle eastern man killed his two young daughters (and I think his wife and himself also) in a neighborhood not far from mine (in the United States) because his daughter liked a boy. The father did not like that his daughter wanted to date an American boy, so the father ended his daughters' lives. Killing a person does not make things any better, it just ruins the person's chance of ever becoming anything.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2014 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

Honor Killing

Eight Months Pregnant, Teen's Brothers Kill Her in "Honor Killing," Dump Her Body in Canal

Now a 19-year-old Indian girl was killed by her two brothers and thrown into a canal in an honor killing. Tragically, she was eight months pregnant. Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2015 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Honor Killing - Page 2

Mother and Brother Kill Pregnant 16-Year-Old in "Honor Killing," Throw Her Body in the Bushes

India In India, an "honor killing" is the homicide of a family member or social group by other members due to the perpetrator's belief that the victim has brought shame or dishonor upon the family or community. Ref. Source 2

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Honor Killing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,