Skin Cancer

Skin Cancer - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 1st Sep, 2009 - 6:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2006 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Skin Cancer

Skin Cancer

Dangerous rays from the star known as the "Sun" can cause cancer in humans who do not protect themselves. Certain countries seems to have a higher likelihood of over exposure than others:

international QUOTE
NEW ZEALAND SUN WORSE THAN WE THOUGHT

New Zealanders are being exposed to about 40 per cent more cancer-causing sun rays than North Americans living at similar latitudes, new research shows.
Ref. Source

Sponsored Links:
7th Jan, 2006 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Cancer Skin

Very interesting reading actually. I never knew that I should thank pollution for keeping me healthier. I myself get a lot of sun year round. Summer I keep a medium dark tan and with what sun I do get in the winter I keep about a medium tan year round. Judging by the article, the fact that I do have a relatively dark summer tan I am more at risk for having problems because I cannot get the UV rays during the winter that my body might need.

Offtopic but,
So I guess since I drive so much and my left are stays darker than my right it will be more likely to get skin cancer on that arm. I have never really thought about the possibility of getting cancer from the sun personally. I have always believed it was only due to over exposure such as someone that goes to tanning beds daily.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2006 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Skin Cancer Health & Special Psychology

GROUP WARNS OF SKIN CANCER EPIDEMIC

There is an unrecognized epidemic of skin cancer under way in the United States, the American Academy of Dermatology warns.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/...reut/index.html

19th Apr, 2006 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

Cancer Skin

I live in Sydney, the skin cancer capital of the world and I feel very strongly about this topic. I find it remarkable that fair skinned people still find a tan healthy. It is one of the most dangerous myths on this planet.

I know in Europe, including certain countries like Sweden, sun baking is thought of as a cool thing to do and you are someone more fashionable for showing people how fried you look. I think this is absolutely crazy.

My father had a skin cancer removed 2 months ago. He has lost all the skin of half his nose and is extremely lucky he doesn't need plastic surgery.

Wake up people! UV rays are deadly.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2007 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Cancer Skin

CAFFEINE AND EXERCISE MAY HELP PREVENT SKIN CANCER

Having your morning coffee and hitting the gym may be a prescription for staving off skin cancer, U.S. researchers have found.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/health/national/20...skincancer.html

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2008 - 11:57am / Post ID: #

Skin Cancer

Skin cancer 'doubles in 20 years'

Cases of melanoma skin cancer have more than doubled in Northern Ireland in the past 20 years, figures show.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/norther...and/7458523.stm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2008 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Skin Cancer
A Friend

Skin Cancer

I am one who tries not to get too much sun as I know it could lead to cancer. I hardly go out in the summer without sun protection. Usually it is only a shirt but I try to keep from getting any type of burn from the sun. I am proud of my white skin smile.gif

1st Sep, 2009 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

Skin Cancer Psychology Special & Health

I'm sure in the future we will be seeing a large number of people with skin cancer. This is because people are addicted with tanning whether it's from the sun or from tanning beds. I think people should be happy with their skin color. A little sun is okay and can be good, but not when you are burning your skin or changing it drastically. It is not attractive to have orange leathery skin or to have skin that you have made darker than your bleach blonde hair.
The weather channel forecasts each day tell you how sunny it will be, the air quality, and they warn you of the UV rays. Wear sun block lotion if you are going to be in the sun at all. If you are swimming or sweating, reapply the lotion after awhile.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Skin Cancer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,