ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 14 of 48

Name: Zork Age: 26 Apperance: Zork has a shaggy - Page 14 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Jan, 2015 - 4:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 48 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
8th Dec, 2014 - 9:55am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 14

Game Master says...

To start, I recommend a short back story, which works as a good starting point in either case. One or two paragraphs should be enough. I think you read the Kingmaker Players Guide if I remember, just mentioning it in case you didn't.

It's your choice to make the character how you want. If you go for your current build, that is one less decision to make.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jan, 2015 - 4:17am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

The Second says...

I was told to come here to play. This is my first exposure to this kind of text play so I will need guidance. Can I forgo the character creation and start or is this a prerequisite?

12th Jan, 2015 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Welcome to the boards! I see you've written your experience is with Zork, which I remember trying once, but can't remember clearly. Dungeons & Dragons as well as Pathfinder and other Role-playing Games are quite different. A lot more depth in the character and the need to set your own goals, make it more of a common story.

The first step is to write a background for your character. One or two paragraphs of personality and history. I can help you with placing him in the setting and building him with the rules.

For inspiration you can read the Kingmaker Player's Guide, just follow the links in the first post and do a search for it on the Paizo website.

12th Jan, 2015 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 14 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

The Second says...

I appreciate the guidance. I downloaded the PDF, I didn't realize I had to register there as well to get it. The guide is very professionally done. So from my first browse through we are beginning in a land called, "Brevoy" That has groups that don't like each other very much. We start as a group and have to fight bandits. There are many races but I will most likely start as a human fighter since its the most simple I guess. I'll just be a bastard that way I have no ties to anyone although nobility was tempting. What else do you need?

13th Jan, 2015 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

The company Paizo has found a great market and has had success. The adventure I'm running is pre-written hence the professional guide. I will however alter a few minor things and add a lot to accommodate my players.

I need a bit more basic character info: name, age, appearance and a basic equipment list including weapons and armour. A few sentences about his personality, and a few sentences about where and how he was brought up and what he does day to day. That should be the basic minimum to start.

Once you've posted that, I can help you start generating a character sheet. We will be consulting the rules linked in the Rules, Setting and Questions thread (Click here) under the Getting Started section of the Core Rulebook, or if you are using the unofficial d20PFSRD site find the Character Creation Outline. There is also a video linked on the forum for reference:
Source 1

13th Jan, 2015 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

The Second says...

international QUOTE
I need a bit more basic character info: name, age, appearance and a basic equipment list including weapons and armour.

How do I provide you with that? Do I just make it up or is there some document I have to read? The personality and background I invent or do I need to consult something again? I saw there was some kind of generator do I use that?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jan, 2015 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 14

Game Master says...

Feel free to make it up! PRGs require imagination. The equipment list will have to be redone at the end, so that it doesn't cost too much.

15th Jan, 2015 - 4:16am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 14

The Second says...

Name: Zork

Apperance: Zork has a shaggy look with unkempt long hair and a short beard and mustache. He has an athletic build and tends to be more on the muscular side although not bulky.The only part of him that is well kept is his sword.

Background: Zork grew up hard and as a teen he found himself among thieves. He acquired some of their skills but knew it was not for him because he was more of a forward fellow that didn't like operating in the shadows. He became a fighter when he teamed up with some soldiers that was on patrol.

Equipment: Rough armor, maybe chain or shoulder plate. A short sword and a long bow for hunting. Backpack and some provisions. (Not sure what else to say)

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.