ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 22 of 48

Ah! I'll fix the armor thing. - Page 22 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jun, 2015 - 4:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 48 pgs.  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  ...Latest (48) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - The first step is to write an imaginative backstory for your character that is level and setting appropriate. Level 1 characters are unaccomplished but have enough past experience to start adventuring.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Related Information to ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
4th Jun, 2015 - 4:23am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 22

Ignoble says...

Yeah thanks, just realized I didn't put those in...working on it. I have the physical character sheet all filled out, I just need to transfer all the data .

Sponsored Links:
4th Jun, 2015 - 4:32am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

The Second says...

Try to get it all in and completed so Icon just has to approve it rather than ask you to make edits first which will further delay your entry into the game.

5th Jun, 2015 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Hi Aericsteele! Excellent background and character. Two details I would like are the uncle's full name and the father's occupation. And I'd just like to mention that the Swordlords are often duellist-styled fighters (Or they use the archetype of their namesake).

For ability scores, just from a mathematical view, if you had 3 14's first and put your human +2 into strength, you wouldn't need to offset with a low wisdom.

Also, for traits, you can choose 3 in my game. However both you picked are from the same category. Normally I wouldn't allow it, but in this case it makes sense and I can overlook it. The list of traits should be findable online.

The rest of the character sheet looks great! Did you copy paste it or type it out? I haven't seen skills recorded that way before (Except for monsters). Maybe you only want to list those with ranks to make the list shorter.

6th Jun, 2015 - 2:39am / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Page 22 Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Ignoble says...

I made the suggested adjustments to the stats, thanks for the advice on that. I do still plan on playing the character as a bit impulsive just maybe having a little more situational awareness mechanically speaking. I typed out all of the skills, just listed the final modifier as opposed to showing the math, but I can do it the other way and list ability modifiers and such if you would prefer that.

I'm looking at Defender of the Society Trait for my third trait if that is acceptable; also I will replace the Rostlander trait with Armor Master. Truth is I may not actually take my character in the direction that his father would like him to go (Ie becoming a sword lord); it's going to be something of an internal conflict for him when he actually goes out into the world and gets a taste of independence.

That is, of course, assuming he survives that long. Would Arnim Brewmor work for the uncles name? Mykael's father was a guard and his mother worked as a barmaid at a local tavern in Rostov.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 6th Jun, 2015 - 2:42am

6th Jun, 2015 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Characters Create Pathfinder AP Kingmaker ICons

Game Master says...

The way you've listed skills is ok at 1st level, but you may have to write out modifiers at a higher level. The traits are absolutely fine. With that, let's start!

Mykael's father continues "You must be thinking, why did I choose today of all days. You came of age years ago and have your fighting technique well trained. No, there's something more. I received this by courier from your very busy uncle, with no additional instructions. I think this is your opportunity!"

He slides over an official looking parchment with the seal of Restov, a regal S above a duelling sword crossing a river. It's contents are available at Source 1h (The additional info doesn't apply) where you can also reply.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2015 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters
A Friend

A brief introductory to Archival Oragor:

I'm not exactly sure where I was born. My family, what I remember of them, was always on the move. I do remember being well taken care of. They were kind, but demanded and received respect from everyone around them. We looked different from them. We were taller and more muscular, where they were short and sleek. Still young, I didn't realize that some of the looks we received were those of envy and maliciousness. My parents and twin siblings, a boy and a girl, were murdered when I was 4. I was spirited away by a kind but firm man that burned the assassins like tinder.

Most of my youth I have spent in the Hills of Nomen being raised by the man whom always just had me refer to him as “Uncle.” We had a nice villa, all of my needs were cared for save one – the need for interaction. Yes, I had tutors, but it wasn't the same. They would enter, teach me my numbers or letters as well as drill me in basic combat, but they would never actually speak with me. As time passed I learned to charm them into smiling and sharing a few words, but those moments were always fleeting. Except for with my statecraft tutor. Sylvie would stay after the lessons and discuss the world with me. While not allowed to leave “for my own safety,” I found I was able to live through her tales. Often she'd speak of the goddess Sarenrae, but even the more mundane discussions of current events in her home town were entertaining.

One day Uncle failed to return from one of his business trips. After a time, my tutors stopped showing up too until eventually I was alone again in the villa. After several months of loneliness, I felt a gentle breeze of air on my skin. As I looked up, a small, majestic creature stared back at me. Unlike most elementals of its nature, this air elemental kept me company and seemed content to remain by my side. All I had to do was concentrate on picturing its face and it would appear. For the next two months I waited with Caelum by my side, sharing in companionship, for my Uncle to return. He didn't though, but a letter did arrive to inform me that I had lost another parent in my life. His convoy had been attacked by marauding centaur and no one had found survivors.

In a fit of rage I gathered what belongings I deemed essential and acquired armor and a weapon from storage. I outfitted my favorite horse, Midnight, and rode off with Caelum; my blood burning. Sensing my desire for justice, Caelum quickly found centaur tracks after a days journey. The path was well travelled and I hid Midnight before finding a defensible position among some boulders. As I sat, Caelum began questioning me on how just my actions were. He was right, I knew it deep down, but in my youthful ignorance I clung to my weak argument.

I heard a soft clatter in the distance and readied my crossbow, but doubt started to creep into my mind. I realized I had little time to choose a course of action. What was I doing? Would killing a random member of a race responsible for the death of my loved one assuage my grief? No. This was stupid; stupid and wrong. I lowered my crossbow and began to weep, my grief overwhelming me. A soft, familiar voice called out my name. Recognizing the voice as Sylvie's, I wiped my eyes and came out hiding spot, my shame evident on my face. “I'm sorry Archival. I have been away on church business and just returned when I learned of...” She trailed off and we stared in mutual shock at the arrow that had sprouted from her chest, a scarlet stain offending her immaculate tunic. She collapsed from her saddle and more arrows began to clatter off of the rocks beside me.

I turned and roared my anguish and rage. With hound's maw, eagle's talon, and viper's venom I harried my enemies. The three centaurs were quickly overwhelmed. The lone survivor, kneeling in a pool of blood, threw his weapon to the ground and begged for mercy. I approached him and sunk my kunai in his heart. With a spasm and a gasp he died. Overcome with emotion, I stumbled back to Sylvie's body and cradled her head in my lap. I released a roar of anguish that became a torrent of tears as I wept even more bitterly than before.

After I had spent all of my tears, I numbly rose and dug a grave for the woman I had just come to realize I deeply cared for. Caelum returned after it was over, bringing Midnight with him. When Caelum asked where we were going, I replied, “We ride to the West, to Restov, to begin our lives anew.”

Archival Oragor: Human (Ulfen) Summoner

Caelum: Air Elemental Eidolon

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Besides being against the rules there is a character creator to show your character fully, do not instruct members to join other sites. Please revise: Constructive Posting Policy

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jun, 2015 - 3:45am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters - Page 22

Game Master says...

Very good and very involved story there. If I may add, The villa was along the Kiravoy River, south of a small village called Nivakta's Crossing.

Summon Good Monster is an awesome feat, I can't believe I've never seen it before. Since it isn't metamagic, you can use it with the Summon Monster class feature.
Chosen Child doesn't make much sense for your character. I would keep the name Rich Parents, but change it to an Equipment Trait, just so you can keep it.
And please use more spacing.

The eidolon looks ok, but the write-up looks a bit messy. I'd like you to use more spaces, maybe write it in the same format as monsters are written. I didn't realise it was a small sized creature until I did the maths.
Note also that "An eidolon cannot wear armor of any kind, as the armor interferes with the summoner's connection to the eidolon."
Also, if you could describe Caelum a bit better, I'd appreciate it. Doesn't have to look like the standard air elemental, you could choose a more sylph-like body or anything else.

I don't think I'll register an account there, unless there's a lot that I'm missing out on. All of the info seems to fit fine here.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 11th Jun, 2015 - 3:52am

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2015 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 22

Ah! I'll fix the armor thing. I had mainly bought it because I thought it was fun - Caelum is not built for fighting at all biggrin.gif Saves me a few gp. The villa was along the Shrike River - it extends past Restov, further East into the Hills of Nomen (At least, according to the Iobaria map I looked at). If you still want me to change it to the Kiravoy River, I can. It just means instead of heading West in my background, I would have had to travel Northeast. Give the word and I'll change it in my notes.

> TOPIC: ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Create Characters

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.