Pluto

Pluto - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2009 - 4:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Pluto
The journey towards discovery is about to begin. Also covers the major moon: Charon.
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2006 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pluto

NASA Set to Launch Spacecraft to Pluto

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - An unmanned NASA spacecraft the size of a piano is set to lift off Tuesday on a nine-year journey to Pluto, the last unexplored planet in the solar system. Scientists hope to learn more about the icy planet and its large moon, Charon, as well as two other, recently discovered moons in orbit around Pluto.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060116/ap_on_sc/pluto_mission

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2006 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Pluto
A Friend

Pluto

Well, after Mars and Jupiter, I suppose we have to explore the farthest planet out. Recently, scientists have speculated that Pluto is much colder than we originally thought. I wonder what exactly we will be doing on the planet, or if we will attempt to land on the planet. On Mars, we sent a moving lander to the surface of the planet, but Mars is much closer. On Jupiter, we just sent a satellite into it atmosphere. I am not familiar with theories on Plutos atmosphere, but I hope that they can land on the planet.

17th Jan, 2006 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

Pluto UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

What I am wondering is... will there be enough light for the cameras to get good pictures? Also, why spend money on something so far away (and we know there is yet another planet / asteroid even further away - see another thread) when we have not even sufficiently explored those closest to us?

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2006 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Pluto

Fastest Spacecraft Ever Built

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - The fastest spacecraft ever launched began the first full day of its 3-billion mile journey to Pluto, where it will study the last unexplored planet and the mysterious icy area that surrounds it. The New Horizons spacecraft blasted off aboard an Atlas V rocket Thursday afternoon in a spectacular start to the $700 million mission. Despite the speed - it can reach 36,000 mph - it will take 9 1/2 years to reach Pluto and the frozen, sunless reaches of the solar system.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060121/ap_on_sc/pluto_mission

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2008 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

Pluto

Humiliated Pluto gets new class

Astronomy's official naming organisation says objects like the former ninth planet should be known as "plutoids"
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7449735.stm

Pluto
Pluto (Hover)

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2008 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Pluto
A Friend

Pluto

I am glad it is now a plutoid instead of just a asteroid or a chunk of rock. It will be interesting to learn more about it and its moon. I have a feeling that pluto will surprise us.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jul, 2009 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Pluto

I still think Pluto is one of the coolest planets in our solar system I mean it really is cool as in no one could live there because its so cold but also because of the blue white color it gives off.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2009 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

Pluto
A Friend

Pluto Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Plus I believe that Pluto and its moon orbit each other as it orbits around our sun. The fact that it is the 8th and then again the 9th main object orbiting our sun shows how radical its orbit is compared to the planets.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Pluto

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,