Embedded Dice Support - Page 7 of 14

I was wondering about the new start number - Page 7 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 21st Dec, 2015 - 1:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 14 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Discuss  Embedded Dice Support This just for you to see how Dice Rolls are formulated. This only works for Game Master's who have GMaster status and requested it for their Game.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
29th Nov, 2015 - 11:16am / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support - Page 7

Ignoble says...

Let me see if I understand this correctly;

Basically, you want the same effect as "Explode" but on all rolls and the modifier added in only after the Explode has taken place?

Does this mean that a Players modifier does not influence the first roll?

For example:

Savage World D6 roll with a modifier of +1. The Player gets a natural "5" with +1 that is "6" so does the Explode (Roll again) take place or not.

If not, then this is what happens:

Savage World D6 roll with a modifier of +1. The Player gets a "6" so before applying the "+1" a roll is made and the Player gets a "2" so the total is "8" and now we apply the +1 making the total 9, is that correct? If so, I will need to know the typical number of Die fields that might be needed.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2015 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Support Dice Embedded

international QUOTE
Basically, you want the same effect as "Explode" but on all rolls and the modifier added in only after the Explode has taken place?

Does this mean that a Players modifier does not influence the first roll?

JB this is exactly what happens for SW. The explode would take effect BEFORE modifiers were added. All further exploding dice would be accounted for BEFORE the modifiers were added.

international QUOTE
Savage World D6 roll with a modifier of +1. The Player gets a "6" so before applying the "+1" a roll is made and the Player gets a "2" so the total is "8" and now we apply the +1 making the total 9, is that correct?
^ ^ This is the correct way for exploding or 'Aces' to work in SW.

The catch is, whether to allow Option 1 the Embedded Dice software to auto roll for ALL explodings or 'Aces' after the first roll is initiated by the player or Option 2 I as the Dungeon Master push back to the player and require a follow up roll and another? Personally, I would prefer the Embedded Dice software Option 1 to take care of all the exploding or 'Aces.'

international QUOTE
I will need to know the typical number of Die fields that might be needed.
Would you mind giving me an example of die fields. The dice that this would apply to would be d4, d6, d8, d10, and d12.

Reconcile Edited: Malcolmshaw on 29th Nov, 2015 - 1:48pm

29th Nov, 2015 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support Reviews RPG & Card Board

Ignoble says...

Making a Player roll again each time they got the highest number will waste unnecessary time so we will implement something automated so the focus can be Role-play.

international QUOTE (Malcolmshaw)
Would you mind giving me an example of die fields.

What I am asking is how many times will a player need to roll a unique die in one round. For instance, how many "Purpose" fields you will need for one combat action; one D8 for initiative, one D6 for attack, one D4 for damage, one D12 for 'x', etc.

The reason for this is to decide how to structure the coding as the current Dice Explode system will not work this way in its current format.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2015 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Page 7 Support Dice Embedded

I understand what you are asking for.

Initiative is taken care of through the 54 standard card deck.

One player could roll 6 different dice at 1 time.
Dice Breakdown:
*Wild Die - 1 die.
*Ranged Weapon - 5 individual dice (Rate of Fire or RoF max of 5).

As a Dungeon Master, I would be capping the number of actions I would take to 10. This accounts for swarms of enemies, and the actions of Wild Card NPCs.

29th Nov, 2015 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

I understand. A new Dice System will need to be coded for this so I will only work on it when you have all your Players and various Threads established.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2015 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support

Thanks again JB. I was not intending to create further head aches, but I do appreciate you following up on this small issue.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Nov, 2015 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support - Page 7

Great as usual JB. I've seen weapons in D&D with this kind of roll. I liked that you changed the box itself and made the help button more prominent because some do ask how to use it.

Out of Character: Below is my test of it. wink.gif

Krusten Character Results:
  • Testing a 2D6 on D12 (+4): 15, 11, 15, 7, 8, 9 (6 rolls, as D2-12)

21st Dec, 2015 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 7

I was wondering about the new start number option, and I can see it's possible to select a d2 with a start number of 3 or 4. Just curious if there's code to deal with that exception or if it would get stuck in a loop?

> TOPIC: Embedded Dice Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,