Embedded Dice Support - Page 10 of 14

That's happened to me a couple of - Page 10 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Feb, 2017 - 12:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Closed
Discuss  Embedded Dice Support This just for you to see how Dice Rolls are formulated. This only works for Game Master's who have GMaster status and requested it for their Game.
Create RPG Character Dice JB's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette JB's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2017 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support - Page 10

Yeah I understand that I have found some work arounds like with Krustens bow damage. Sometimes it just takes a bit of thought of how one can do it. I will have to look up that spell I thought it was 3d8+3 thus a dice roll would just be a d8+1 three times.

Yeah cure moderate is 2d8 +1 per level while cure serious is the 3d8 +1 per character level With a max of +15 on both.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2017 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Support Dice Embedded

I don't think being able to be buy 20's is a good idea. No matter how skilled your character is there should be a chance of failure. I think buying a reroll or advantage as in 5e is fine as Aeric mentioned. There should be tension in the game. Death for your character should be a real possibility. Having one or more 20's guaranteed for you takes away from that.

13th Feb, 2017 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think a method to ensure modifiers are added per roll or to the total roll is a good idea.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Page 10 Support Dice Embedded

The big problem I've run into when using the system are mistakes in the entries. Forgetting to add modifiers, selecting the wrong die size/number, etc. Double Checking is not too difficult to remember, but I've made a couple of mistakes, and seen others do so as well.

How difficult would it be to allow for the die settings to be edited during the half hour period before the results are shown?

13th Feb, 2017 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Support Dice Embedded

Ignoble says...

Editing a Die roll or Dice rolls means the calculation changes, therefore the original submission will have to be deleted and redone. While I could add in an option to delete rolls and start over how will a Player know they made a mistake if they cannot see their rolls after submission?

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2017 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support
A Friend

Embedded Dice Support

Most of the time I make a mistake, I realize it only a few seconds after hitting the submit button.

But come to think of it. Perhaps the information most recently submitted to the dice roller could be displayed when editing the post?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Feb, 2017 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #
Dice Master

Character
Game Master ◀
Not Not Approved ?

Embedded Dice Support - Page 10

Ignoble says...

Showing anything will mean a major rewrite of the code. The only solution I can think of is if a Player forgets something at the last second then I can implement an option to delete the rolls and start over completely during the 30 minute edit period.

14th Feb, 2017 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Embedded Dice Support Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 10

That's happened to me a couple of times (Forgetting something about my rolls). Usually I forget to add in the bonus most times or another roll to be made like initiative.

Reconcile Edited: Hunter on 14th Feb, 2017 - 1:27pm

Hunter Character Results:
  • Test on D20 (+0): 6 (1 roll)

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

> TOPIC: Embedded Dice Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,